Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 03:47 PM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times

Advertisements

If 911 had never happened this request in Mayfield would have gone through without any notice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 03:49 PM

If 911 had never happened then this request in Mayfield would have gone through without a problem.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:02 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,896,876 times
The thing that upsets me is the complete hatred and bigotry on some in the Mayfield community. Go and watch some of the interviews on the WPSD site. Like I said, I don't care if they get a mosque or not, but in 2010, you would think that people could act a bit better, more civil.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:01 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,896,876 times
It made national news or talking heads or whatever:

Countdown with Keith Olbermann Countdown with Keith Olbermann

Old 08-26-2010, 12:34 PM

7 posts, read 6,290 times
can someone give me the address of any one of the nearby businesses. I want to see for myself what kind of area this is and what the population density is like. Thanks.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:29 PM

844 posts, read 2,100,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notthatgirl View Post
Nope. We are just suddenly more aware that mosques are being built due to increased attention by news sources, likely because of the media storm around the one in NY. It's a phenomenon of increased awareness, that's all.

And as far as Islam being a violent religion, it's all in the interpretation. Are there some sects that condone intolerance and violence? Yes. But that does not describe all followers of Islam. The same can be said for Christianity. Are there some sects that condone intolerance and violence? Yes. But that does not describe all Christians.
A handful of radicals posing as Christians (who even then have not blown up thousands of Americans, or tried to erase any history of the Jewish Holocaust, or killed/abused women because of their gender, etc) as opposed to... what... about half of Muslims world wide???

Old 08-26-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Feathers View Post
A handful of radicals posing as Christians (who even then have not blown up thousands of Americans, or tried to erase any history of the Jewish Holocaust, or killed/abused women because of their gender, etc) as opposed to... what... about half of Muslims world wide???
Well, a whole mess of Christians fought right along side the Bosnian and Serb army and committed genocide against Muslims. A couple of Christians blew-up a federal building. Ever heard of the Sons of Freedom in Canada, the KKK, The Lord's Resistance Army in Uganda, etc.. Hate, criminality and basic human ferociousness does not discriminate, it comes in all races, religions and creeds. 98% of humanity wants to live in peace and raise families. But there will always be crazy folks who ruin it for everyone.

Old 08-26-2010, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplehaize View Post
can someone give me the address of any one of the nearby businesses. I want to see for myself what kind of area this is and what the population density is like. Thanks.
Purple, this building is a block and a half from the court square. City Hall, where the so called meeting was, is kittycorner from the building. The flower shop where the man is sooooooo worried about his parking lot is

Mayfield Florist & Greenhouse
316 E. Broadway
Mayfield KY 42066

Old 08-26-2010, 06:58 PM

59 posts, read 210,052 times
Default Yeh

Thank God and not Mohammad for those folk’s who had the guts to stand up for their community. I make no apologies for this radical religion which preaches hatred and kill the infidels. I retired from Fort Campbell and many of my comrades have been wounded or killed by these cavemen. I jump for joy every time I get word they smoked a radical Muslim in Afghanistan or Iraq. Now they are trying to come in our backdoor. In regards to the Mosque in Murfreesboro, TN and New York I hope someone opens a good ole southern pulled pork Bar-b-que next door so they watch these good ole boys slaughter hogs. I wonder how many pulled pork sandwiches we can sell one of them.

Old 08-26-2010, 07:11 PM

yawn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky