U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 11:59 PM

1 posts, read 4,648 times

Advertisements

Hi My name is Ann and My husband and I just recently bought some land in Edmonton Kentucky and will be moving there soon from upstate New York if any one has any sugestions how to make our move smooth I would appreaciate it. We have made several trip to Kentucky and I cant wait to move there. Thanks for the help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2006, 03:49 AM

2 posts, read 9,291 times
At the momet we live in ****ski county Kentucky!we're really considering moveing back to South East KY!New York is alot further North than I've ever been!

Old 01-11-2006, 06:37 AM

1 posts, read 4,644 times
Ann, where is Edmonton?

Old 02-12-2006, 01:54 AM

5,985 posts, read 3,846,856 times
Ann,

Congratulations on moving to Edmonton, KY. It is in a beautiful area and the people are great. You can find ample shopping opportunities in Glasgow, and Louisville isn't all that far away.

Rex in Tennessee

Old 03-08-2006, 05:10 PM

2 posts, read 9,291 times
I really miss Eastern KY!Ever sence we moved from Knott county everything has went wrong.

Old 06-01-2006, 04:02 PM

3 posts, read 16,215 times
Hi My name is Ann and My husband and I just recently bought some land in Edmonton Kentucky and will be moving there soon from upstate New York if any one has any sugestions how to make our move smooth I would appreaciate it. We have made several trip to Kentucky and I cant wait to move there. Thanks for the help

Best advice is to stop and think of everything you need to get done. Notify post offices of your move, banks, friends, etc shut off your utilities if you need too, load up the moving van and head south I75, then get off on hwy 461 at Renfro Valley, follow it south until you get to hwy 80 and head west until you get to Edmonton. (Cumberland Pkwy and hwy 80 start in Somerset drive that to Edmonton not old hwy 80 too curvy)

Good Luck...

Old 06-04-2006, 07:46 PM

2 posts, read 9,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Demarzio
Hi Ann. My wife and I are returning home to Mt. Sterling. We are relocating from California. We are selling an Avocado Ranch near San Diego. We are looking for a decent home on a few acres near Mt. Sterling. I was born and raised in Mt. Steling and still have a home and a few acres which is rented. We are looking for a house, 4-5 BR with 4 bath, maybe 3-4000 sq ft. We will be in the area late June to start looking. Any one have any suggestions, let us know
Thanks

Old 06-05-2006, 12:19 AM

2 posts, read 6,239 times
Default mt.sterling

hi califarmer, we are looking aroud ourselves, it appears mt.sterling is a bit better than other areas east of lexington [altitude?], and would be interested in hearing more.....how many acres do you have, what do you farm? we are
looking for initial investments while we think about residency as we are foreigners.......happy to hear anything you have to say......cheers, kev.

Old 06-06-2006, 07:30 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,244,721 times
Default Ann, don't use Bekins Moving Company!

I moved from Las Vegas to the Springfield, Missouri area and used Bekins because they offered a good deal and the customer comments on websites I read while researching seemed to indicate they're honorable...THEY AREN'T! They damaged my dining set, lost all my tools, broke my lawnmower, lost my ladders and yard equipment, damaged furniture, and used my own linens to help pack my things!!! They referred me to a third party to get damages addressed which didn't respond. They also tried to bill me a second time though I'd already paid in full. If you use a mover, beware of Bekins Ann.

Old 06-08-2006, 06:16 PM

2 posts, read 9,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin b
hi califarmer, we are looking aroud ourselves, it appears mt.sterling is a bit better than other areas east of lexington [altitude?], and would be interested in hearing more.....how many acres do you have, what do you farm? we are
looking for initial investments while we think about residency as we are foreigners.......happy to hear anything you have to say......cheers, kev.
We are leaving on the 20th to start looking in KY. The demographics on Mt. Sterling is not much to be proud of. We are part of the original Hatfield/McCoy group that moved down to Mt. Sterling in the early 1800's. We still have some of the original property that we was handed down thru the family. I am looking at some places about 4-500K on 8 acres. The house has 5 BR and 4 bath, looks like a good buy, we will see when we get there. I am selling an avocado ranch here in Calif. We want to do something besides work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky