Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 08:05 PM

773 posts, read 2,631,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easydoesit View Post
Well, in all fairness, the owners/operators can't be nimrods if they are making nice profits & even managed to get a tax break from the state gov, no?
In all fairness the owners/operators can't be nimrods, but the voters in Kentucky must be nimrods for allowing them to get tax breaks, no? That would not happen in the North, more likely in Arkansas, Mississippi or Alabama.

How's "class warfare" McConnell working out for you? How an impoverished state like Kentucky could vote in an ultra right-winger goober like Mitch simply amazes me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 02:35 AM

44 posts, read 124,831 times
I'd like to see it, just to see, but don't want to pay to get in. I need to look up some video of it.

Old 10-01-2011, 11:53 AM

1,216 posts, read 1,910,231 times
the only agenda science has is to seek out and PROVE the truth. science stands to gain nothing by discrediting the church. in fact, science is NOT trying to discredit the church. science doesn't have to worry about putting butts in the seats every sunday. science doesn't ask it's followers to "just believe what we tell you" because science proves what they tell us.the church stands to lose everything by being discredited and therefore attacks science with propaganda and unproven statements to try to discredit science. the church does this as self-presevation, pure and simple. they have for hundreds of years, it's nothing new.

To think that because I have no religous beliefs makes me an unhappy person with no morals or direction in life is incredibly insulting and seems to be the attitude of most christians i know. "oh, look at the poor little faithless sinner, how sad. lets save him from his wretched life"
I don't need to be forgiven. I've done nothing wrong.

I'll say it once more.
science stands to gain nothing by discrediting the church.
the church stands to gain everything by discrediting science.
who here has an agenda?

and btw, I hate tim tebow! just sayin.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:08 AM

2 posts, read 1,846 times
Thumbs down Really?!?! A RELIGION! FRIEND.. You Missed The Mark!

You must be following an Abridged Bible... or a MODERN CHURCH.. looking at your mote again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
I am a very devout Christian. My faith is absolute but totally without understanding of the Hope of Christ.

That being said, what difference does it make if God made the earth, solar system, and all matter 5minutes, 5000 years, or 50,000,000,000 years ago? If I believe in God, it doesn't matter and that is what is wrong with RELIGION. Religion tries to make issues out of non-issue matters.

I visited the Creation Museum this past summer and I wish I had my money back. The museum was a joke, but the garden was very well done.
... I have yet to be fortunate (I see nothing in the place's website to "make me think that the place is nothing indiffrent to what is preached from the US's pulpits.". that is most of them "T G!!) "Whoever.. You".. Like the precept that God is a "Religion" and not bent on a "Relationshilp" doesn't even get close to the meaning ot what is "GIVEN" by HIM! Knowing/seeing the way people prefere life's answers.. "Limited to only 'feel good' messages (fire the Preacher if he mentions "our" wrong doings or "HELL!") pr they "Controle" the Church COMPLETELY. OR do you see only what you wish to see. I may retract this message/complaint.. maybe not.. that is about the museum.. But NOT about foolish "wrong lead" 'Christ-Ones!"

Old 02-08-2012, 08:19 AM

2 posts, read 1,846 times
This is an intresting statement.. Checking on the web pages of the site.. I see nothing that would mislead or cause to doubt the perfect example of "Man's Theory" to "The Scriptures!" I will apologise If I find out that it is not what they promote!

Old 02-08-2012, 12:02 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
DT, your two posts above are incomprehensibly written. I cannot tell what point(s) you're attempting to make, or what your beliefs, attitudes, or arguments are.

Please rewrite your messages, leave out the emoticons, and try to write less emotionally and more sensibly so others here can understand you better and respond accordingly- thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky