Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2010, 12:33 PM

6 posts, read 7,786 times

Advertisements

A lot to look foward to for Hendo. Seems as if this city started becoming more of an urban business area in the 90's and just got stuck. But with over a decade change has certainly came with time. It was enough to local resindents to see Hendo yrs ago building new gas stations or new homes. And for a while everybody considered Hendo to not be business friendly, with businesses shutting down and all. But you got to think. We're all in this recession together. Henderson surely isn't the only city facing business terminations.
BUT!! It seems lately that every where you go there's something being done. New plans, new ideas! New theatre being built, new restaurants, new jobs, businesses, industries, banks. And with the expansion of hwy 60 west going from 2 lanes to 5! That can only atrract more off-road businesses. And the area is just lovely now, even offering a bycycle lane. Perfect place to build because roads create those opportunities of market expansion. Also residential zones are being transfered to commercial zones for more off-road businesses on main streets. And adding the 4,745 acres that's being auctioned will bring even a more valuable progress.
Not only that, housing and homes are being built left and right. Abandoned homes are being tore down for new houses. Condos, duplexes, apartments, and habitat houses are filling in the blanks through out the Henderson area from north to south. And a lot of Evansville residents are moving to Henderson for easements. Better and cheaper homes, cost of living, and more available work. Consider Hendo a suburban area of Eville. It's not that bad on this side of the bridge.
Also there is a lot of fun activities in Hendo during summer. Every weekend there's live performances downtown. Festivals, parades. Just so much culture being shared through summer. And i strongly and bluntly point this out because I am a black "sista" myself lol. But there are many more of us black people here living and enjoying these summer events. Esp the Blues Fest. I never feel at ALL uncomfortable. Because there's so much more than race here. And I'm never the only one around at these events. I've noticed, or maybe I'm just being outstandingly fooled, that there isn't any racisim in my community unless it's very well hidden. I've actually never met nicer white folks else where and felt comfortable around them as i do here. I mean you got your too goody ones sometimes, but hey.. Look at Al Baity. It's not just one sided.
However these are just things I have wanted to share with job and home seekers or even people or organizations that are considering locating or relocating to the Henderson area. Feel comfortable here because we all do. There's a lot to offer here and even more that you can offer to it.
Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 04:24 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
Hendo, I lived in Union County for 30 years, moving in '08. I rented an apartment over behind Skateway from Woody Fryer when I first moved up there. One thing I think helps Henderson a lot is the transit system. If you don't have a car, these busses will take you anywhere in town, I think even out to the college. I miss being up there.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:38 AM

470 posts, read 1,036,816 times
Default Speaking of the new theatre

How is that, now that it opened up? I did a curb appraisal on it last night and I'm afraid it might have been done Hendo instead of done right. It was closed at 9:30 and it looks like it has two, maybe three theatres at best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky