Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 04:52 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,571,892 times

Advertisements

I have to dig up good rankings for the state since a couple of people on here like to post the bad rankings.

Kentucky's violent crimes ranking - one of the lowest in the nation (2006 data):

State Rankings--Statistical Abstract of the United States--Violent Crime Rate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2010, 08:14 PM

508 posts, read 1,512,693 times
There is nothing wrong with pointing out the good and the bad that comes with a location. I like KY but I don't drink the Kool-Aid.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easydoesit View Post
There is nothing wrong with pointing out the good and the bad that comes with a location. I like KY but I don't drink the Kool-Aid.
Well I have to be here to balance things out, otherwise it would be a bunch of negative nonsense.

Old 10-13-2010, 06:54 AM

It's not nonsense if you can back claims with facts

It's nonsense that you choose to ignore the facts and make claims

Old 10-13-2010, 07:26 AM

298 posts, read 596,078 times
Quote:
It's not nonsense if you can back claims with facts

It's nonsense that you choose to ignore the facts and make claims
Well...the internet is full of "so called" facts, if you choose to believe all of them so be it. Is this to say Kentucky hasn't got some problems, nope. It could be better but, it could also be a lot worse to.

I have lived in Kentucky all my life and believe it or not I have been out of this holler a few times and I have SEEN a few problems in other places, hopefully they can make a mends to.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. TOOT...TOOT

Old 10-13-2010, 08:32 AM

Yes, I will believe census derived facts

Your post really has little to do with the OP denying facts from the other thread among other many other posts

A claim is saying KY is ranked last among 50 states & is the worst managed state
A fact is saying KY ranks close to last for education attainment - a portion of the ranking

I think we only have W VA & MS to beat out so you are right it could get worse in that category

Does that help you?

Old 10-13-2010, 03:10 PM

298 posts, read 596,078 times
Quote:
Yes, I will believe census derived facts

Your post really has little to do with the OP denying facts from the other thread among other many other posts

A claim is saying KY is ranked last among 50 states & is the worst managed state
A fact is saying KY ranks close to last for education attainment - a portion of the ranking

I think we only have W VA & MS to beat out so you are right it could get worse in that category

Does that help you?
Even though violent crimes are somewhat less than most states I would like to see it even less. Could be because Kentucky has the most conceal carry permits in the nation. We got a lot of law abiding gun toaters.

The original poster's post on THIS thread pertains to Violent Crimes rates yet you make no mention of this. It's almost like if you can't make a negative comment it's not worth commenting at all.

As for believing census derived "facts", I have a problem with the words "census and facts" in the same sentence. How easy would it be for our Government to manipulate the numbers to justify some underlying motive. How would we know the difference? I learned a long time ago "believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see" Especially when it comes to Government.

As for the other thread you mentioned, it has already been discussed at length sometime ago but, you probably already know that.

Does that help me? Ohhh yes....I feel so privileged to receive a comment from you.

Kool-Aid? purple or red?

Old 10-13-2010, 03:28 PM

Since my post was directed towards the OP why would you care to begin with? I was suggesting that good and bad can be presented in threads and no, it's not nonsense.

Census data will be as close as you can get to facts and probably slightly better than your perception of facts based on your tiny sample of observations. Anytime you want to dispute the facts presented in various threads based on Census data please do. KY doesn't have higher than avg unemployment? KY doesn't have low education attainment levels? KY doesn't have higher than avg poverty rates?

Aren't you being hypocritical by believing the facts submitted in this thread or like, InLondon, you only believe facts that support KY in a positive way?

And no problem, I will correct you anytime.

Old 10-13-2010, 04:13 PM

Kentucky has a lot of good rankings, I'm just tired of trolls posting stuff all the time that misrepresents the state. It's annoying, move to any other country and then you can have something to cry about.....

Old 10-13-2010, 07:10 PM

1,255 posts, read 3,487,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Kentucky has a lot of good rankings, I'm just tired of trolls posting stuff all the time that misrepresents the state. It's annoying, move to any other country and then you can have something to cry about.....
Ugh. Honestly, its people like you who are the problem whether you want to believe that or not (Im positive you dont). KY is full of your types who automatically go on the defense if anything negative is said, even constructive criticism. "Yer talkin' bad 'bout my home there, mister!" Seriously, get over it. Your schtick on here is getting pretty tired.

The state has many many serious problems. If you cant talk about them & label the people who do "trolls", you'll never solve them & I honestly feel sorry for you & the state's future, especially the rural areas.

Kentuckians sticking their fingers in their ears & saying "la la la la la la" doesn't exactly solve problems there, chief. Why dont you guys actually get out there & do some good instead of constantly being on the defense. Or you know what, just don't, cause I know you're not going to anyway. But see how far that gets you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky