Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 06:40 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monizuki View Post
So how about the Toyota Market...I know they've got plants there. How does that influence things? Do lots of people buy them out there?
Well I'm in rude and small minded Western KY and it's truck country here. Lot's of Dodges ... unless you Mexicans then is a "Chebby Mon" (That should get some folks fur up.)

I can't speak for Central KY or Eastern ... it's like anywhere people drive what good, what's cheap, and reliable. My wife had a Toyoda and OMG she bought it from a dark complexion man LOL (It's a joke PC people), traded it in on a Hybred Honda. I really don't think people care who they buy from as long as they are a straight shooter and not a pressure salesman. It's laid back here ... well most people are.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:26 PM

69 posts, read 321,663 times
If I were you Davart, I'd stay put in Western KY--you must make them proud!!!!

Old 07-05-2007, 07:30 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,080,858 times
schools have you been here long?

Old 07-05-2007, 07:54 PM

92 posts, read 500,041 times
I'm a blue-blooded liberal, but jeez, calm yourself Schools. You're being absurd.

Will a Hispanic have probelms in Kentucky? Generally speaking, no. Some places will be better than others, though. Louisville, Lexington, Convington/Newport are the states largest cities, and those areas will be the most "diverse". Kentucky is fairly whitebread, but it is not like Kentuckians are shocked when they run into non-whites.

Will you find racists? Maybe. They're in Kentucky and you may run into one, but I wouldn't expect to. But unlike Schools, I realize racists are everywhere; even here in beautiful Chicago (In quite large numbers).

About Toyota cars in Kentucky: In Louisville you find them everywhere, just like any other mid-sized American market. I can't say anything precise about it, but from personal experience, I think Louisvillians are more than open to buying Japanese cars from a salesman who is honest, genuine, and relaxed.

Best of luck in your deliberations and take much of what you read on here with a grain of salt - trust your instincts.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:59 PM

I need a 900 number psychic hotline as I correctly predicted to get some fur up, and for my next act I'll be juggling LIVE kittens.

Old 07-05-2007, 08:44 PM

528 posts, read 2,481,219 times
I think you and your husband would be quite comfortable here; especially anywhere around greater Lexington or Louisville.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:36 PM

8 posts, read 16,598 times
I'm the husband, hi folks, I really appreciate your responses. I think my wife is worrying about this a little more than she needs to but that's her nature, and I love her for it. the funny thing is that I consider myself pretty white, I tan well, but my legs are almost as white as Al Gores. Interestingly enough when I grew up in Florida, I was never considered Cuban amongst my peers, heck I wasn't even considered Spanish. I move to Utah, and wizbang willikers, I'm Mexican. I've met LOTS of folk from Kentucky, haven't disliked a one of 'em. I'm totally stoked for heading out there. I've been to KY about 6-7 times, and I absolutely LOVE the state.

As far as what I do for a living, I've perfected (at least I like to think so) the educational method of selling cars. In other words, I meet a customer, find out what they NEED, and what they can afford, then fit what they're looking for with everything else. This affords me a very loyal repeat customer base and I'm one of those folk that really enjoy showing a customer what they're paying for. Most salespeople that you run into when going to a lot, is some wet behind the ears untrained, inexperienced individual who's most frequent answers to questions are "I don't know" to which a follow up question is "Do ya like the color??"

I'm the antithesis of that. But enough about that. Thanks for reading my rants.

Old 07-05-2007, 10:09 PM

You should do fine here, most are nice folks, some crack jokes and don't life to seriously ... (me) and others well don't crack jokes and are too serious. Be that as it may, when selling cars here, don't let that ol' farmer fool you, he sharper than he looks.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:22 AM

8 posts, read 16,598 times
Husband again:

In my experience it's the city folk who i have to wonder, they're typically not as sharp as they look

Old 07-06-2007, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monizuki View Post
Husband again:

In my experience it's the city folk who i have to wonder, they're typically not as sharp as they look
You've noticed that to, huh ... I find it equates nicely with many (not all) northerners whom assume they are more intellectually gifted based solely on geography. When in reality they could couldn't pour urine out of an boot with the directions written on the heel. I just set back and watch them be foolish with they erudite attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky