Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 06:14 PM

138 posts, read 304,959 times

Advertisements

yes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2011, 07:59 PM

298 posts, read 596,078 times
Yes...two wrongs don't make a right. If they (THE ILLEGALS) wasn't here in the first place it wouldn't be a problem....would it? NOW we are concerned...$$$$$...someone should have thought about that before.....

Loosing 130 Million Federal money...if we didn't have to take care of these ILLEGALS we wouldn't need the 130 million, (130 is probably a drop in the bucket considering everything else we have to do to take care of the ILLEGALS) the Federal government could use that to start paying off our unbelievable debt.

If they don't pass it (SB 6), every last one of them should be ran out of town.

I'm through preachin now

Old 01-21-2011, 09:07 PM

Preach that shi HiBall

Old 01-21-2011, 11:30 PM

105 posts, read 298,145 times
Kentucky Senate panel backs immigration enforcement bill | courier-journal.com | The Courier-Journal
Yeah, they keep saying it's going to cost so much money if SB-6 is passed. Just think about how much it will cost our children in 20 years when KY is taken over by illegals. A perfect example is CA. They are taken over with illegals and non-assimilating immigrants, it's gone. There's a far worse price to pay in the long run and I think that we ought not to throw away what our ancestors have created.

Old 01-22-2011, 08:56 AM

163 posts, read 428,563 times
Imagine for a moment, that you work at a domestic violence shelter. A woman comes in with a black eye, bleeding lip, and multiple bruises. She has two young children with her and is looking for help because her husband beat her. But then you realize she does not have a green card. If SB-6 passes, what are your choices? Help her and risk going to jail yourself? Turn her away and send her back to her abusive husband or out on street? Call the authorities and have her arrested? Should women really be punished for seeking help in escaping from abuse? What if she was your neighbor, your friend, your co-worker? What if it was you? Or your mother, sister, or daughter?

It's easy to say "the illegals" need to go; this abstract term allows for the emotional distance needed to make such decisions. The ideological argument about immigration is one thing, but you have to realize these are people. Living, breathing flesh with hopes and worries, dreams and fears, not that different from you and I. And how many of us have never broken the law? Have you never driven 65mph in a 55 zone? Or smoked pot? Or drank before you were 21? Or cheated on your taxes?

I agree that steps need to be taken to curb illegal immigration, but not at the expense of human welfare and dignity. Hyperbole and the propagation of false dilemmas only encourage the type of black and white, either/or thinking that ignores the context of the issue. Few things in life are so simple as to be explained away in such a manner, and illegal immigration is not one of those things.

*steps down off the soapbox*

Old 01-22-2011, 09:29 AM

2,126 posts, read 6,803,219 times
The thing with the illegal immigration debate that bothers me is that the focus is always on the individual illegal alien. Rarely do I hear mention of the business owners that hire them. People don't come to KY from Mexico and Central America on a whim. They come because people hire them. A LOT of people benefit from their labor and a lot of Kentuckians make a lot of money off their backs. Cheaper housing, cheaper fruits and vegetables, cheaper labor services (landscaping, housekeeping...). It is easy to place blame on the individual but the problem will never go away until the 1) the people that hire them are prosecuted and 2) we are all willing to pay more for housing, produce, labor... The problem is a lot deeper than these "people coming here taking our jobs."

Old 01-22-2011, 08:11 PM

298 posts, read 596,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notthatgirl View Post
Imagine for a moment, that you work at a domestic violence shelter. A woman comes in with a black eye, bleeding lip, and multiple bruises. She has two young children with her and is looking for help because her husband beat her. But then you realize she does not have a green card. If SB-6 passes, what are your choices? Help her and risk going to jail yourself? Turn her away and send her back to her abusive husband or out on street? Call the authorities and have her arrested? Should women really be punished for seeking help in escaping from abuse? What if she was your neighbor, your friend, your co-worker? What if it was you? Or your mother, sister, or daughter?

It's easy to say "the illegals" need to go; this abstract term allows for the emotional distance needed to make such decisions. The ideological argument about immigration is one thing, but you have to realize these are people. Living, breathing flesh with hopes and worries, dreams and fears, not that different from you and I. And how many of us have never broken the law? Have you never driven 65mph in a 55 zone? Or smoked pot? Or drank before you were 21? Or cheated on your taxes?

I agree that steps need to be taken to curb illegal immigration, but not at the expense of human welfare and dignity. Hyperbole and the propagation of false dilemmas only encourage the type of black and white, either/or thinking that ignores the context of the issue. Few things in life are so simple as to be explained away in such a manner, and illegal immigration is not one of those things.

*steps down off the soapbox*
Yep, call the cops and have her arrested....immediately and then deported. She shouldn't have been here in the first place. We can't be the nursemaid to the world as much as some people would like to. We have too much domestic violence among our own people, let alone allowing the ILLEGAL'S to take priority.

Yep they are people, not animals...they should be smarter.

The gender has nothing to do with it, and, a GOOD parent wouldn't put a child in jeopardy by being here ILLEGALLY.

None of my neighbor's are here ILLEGALLY nor any of my friends or coworkers, mother, sister, or daughter and I damn sure ain't. Because all of these people are smarter than that.

Just what part of ILLEGAL do you NOT understand?

Just what is your recommendation to CURB ALL ILLEGALS coming into the UNITED STATES and costing us millions if not billions every year to take care of them. Make them promise to pay us back? Yah sure. Almost every penny they make here is sent back to where ever they came from. Now that's good for our economy and unemployment rate, ain't it.

*my soapbox is permanently mounted* If more people had the same attitude when all of the ILLEGALS started coming it wouldn't be a problem, now would it? Don't try the guilt trip on me...It want work. Somewhere...some time...even if you don't like it, you got stand up and draw the line and say that's enough.

I'm drawing the line "______________________________"

Old 01-22-2011, 09:36 PM

105 posts, read 298,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiball View Post
yep, call the cops and have her arrested....immediately and then deported. She shouldn't have been here in the first place. We can't be the nursemaid to the world as much as some people would like to. We have too much domestic violence among our own people, let alone allowing the illegal's to take priority.

Yep they are people, not animals...they should be smarter.

The gender has nothing to do with it, and, a good parent wouldn't put a child in jeopardy by being here illegally.

None of my neighbor's are here illegally nor any of my friends or coworkers, mother, sister, or daughter and i damn sure ain't. Because all of these people are smarter than that.

Just what part of illegal do you not understand?

Just what is your recommendation to curb all illegals coming into the united states and costing us millions if not billions every year to take care of them. Make them promise to pay us back? Yah sure. Almost every penny they make here is sent back to where ever they came from. Now that's good for our economy and unemployment rate, ain't it.

*my soapbox is permanently mounted* If more people had the same attitude when all of the illegals started coming it wouldn't be a problem, now would it? Don't try the guilt trip on me...it want work. Somewhere...some time...even if you don't like it, you got stand up and draw the line and say that's enough.

I'm drawing the line "______________________________"
x2...

Old 01-23-2011, 11:51 PM

I hope everyone gets a chance to watch George Lopez,I have never seen him like this,he said there are 4.6 million latino's in america,the show was standup on HBO,he said "We are not going back to Mexico"who is going to do the jobs they do,who is going to watch there children when they want to go back to work,an if they ever get in the Whitehouse they will show us the same respect that we have shown them,ask us for our paper's America wake up!!!!

Old 01-23-2011, 11:54 PM

If we are going to go after ILLEGAL then they need to go after the people who hire them America is much the blame
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky