Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 02:33 PM

43 posts, read 78,721 times

Advertisements

Get rid of undocumented migrants* (the people aren't illegal, only their immigration status) and watch our food prices skyrocket.

This thread reminds me of pre-WWII anti-semetic rhetoric, though.

Thank God I'm almost done with this place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 04:52 PM

8 posts, read 20,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
The measure would allow Kentucky law enforcement officers to determine the immigration status of someone who is stopped for another reason, such as a traffic offense, and who is suspected of being an illegal immigrant.

The proposal also would allow police to arrest illegal immigrants on trespassing charges for setting foot in Kentucky.
I'm from Lexington, and I'm for it.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:58 AM

336 posts, read 716,064 times
I don't get the people who are supportive of illegal immigrants. If any of us went to another country, snuck in and got caught, we would face a large fine, jail time, and in some countries being shot! They sure wouldn't be giving us freebies such as healthcare for sneaking into their land. I am all for people coming here the right way. If you come here illegally, you are breaking the law and just like if I get caught going over the speed limit I will get a ticket, they should be deported if they are caught. Period. Glad to see KY is standing up for itself and its citizens.

Old 07-14-2012, 07:44 AM

1,217 posts, read 1,908,986 times
I don't disagree with deportation or this law in general. if i get pulled over i have to show my i.d., why shouldn't everyone? seems sensible to me. the thing i do not support is people acting as if these immigrants are less than human pieces of trash. the vast majority are simply trying to work (harder than just about any american btw) to support family. If you want to get pissed at someone, blame the people who make money of the backs of illegals by hiring them. if there were no jobs here, they wouldn't come here.

Old 07-15-2012, 04:38 PM

72 posts, read 245,393 times
I have few doubts the main motivation behind the anti-immigrant bill is racism. Go ahead, turn Kentucky into a papers please society with police checkpoints. While the cops are standing on the side of the road, causing traffic jams and pulling people over to ask if they're citizens, your home is being robbed, your kids are on meth, you wait forever on the officer to file a traffic report. Then you'll fuss when state and local taxes rise considerably to pay for the additional police presence to take care of the other problems you neglected while you tried to rid your pretty bluegrass of people desperate to work instead of seeking an integrated solution. Good job, you'll say, as you sit down to eat the plate of boiled feed corn which cost you ten dollars a pound. Oh, but that's not going to happen to you. It'll happen to somebody poorer, who will probably go somewhere else and look for work that pays.

But that's just Kentucky - build your house in the valley and farm the hills, and cry for help to jeebus when it floods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky