U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:13 PM

30 posts, read 102,113 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about the area where 25W and 1193 meet, specifically Stoney Fork Rd.
Am looking at a house there and was wondering if it's a good area?
Would appreciate any and all help.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011, 07:55 PM

726 posts, read 1,557,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabman_52 View Post
Does anyone know anything about the area where 25W and 1193 meet, specifically Stoney Fork Rd.
Am looking at a house there and was wondering if it's a good area?
Would appreciate any and all help.
I think that's going out towards Laurel Lake. I know a few ppl from work that live down that way. Very quiet and rural from what I gather. Your fairly close to the lake and Cumberland Falls. As far as crime, unless there it's infested with drug activity, which I doubt, you're in good shape. I do know that the school district is Whitley county. So if you have elementary age kids, they'll go to Oak Grove, Middle and High School to Whitley County, near Williamsburg. I think it's a decent location, you're only about 7-8 miles or so from I75 and Corbin.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:21 PM

30 posts, read 102,113 times
Thanks rbryant.

We have a house there that we are moving into at the end of the month, have been back and forth there for about 4/5 years now. We really like the area. You answered the questions without me even asking. Mainly crime.
We don't have to worry about the schools as our kids are all grown and will be staying here in Detroit, it will just be the wife and I ready to retire! Every time we get down we go to the dam.
It's nice there, think I'll have to take up fishing!!!
We are exactly 4.3 miles from I-75 and maybe 6 mi. from downtown.
Thanks for your input and maybe we'll meet one day!
George & Darlene.

Old 02-13-2011, 05:25 AM

101 posts, read 262,363 times
George and Darlene:

Have a safe trip! Looks like you better change that "About Me" section soon

Hope to see you down there soon!

Cat

Old 02-16-2011, 08:23 AM

2 posts, read 8,889 times
ello MATE!!!!!!!

Old 02-18-2011, 07:07 AM

Default Best Western Hotel in Corbin/London area

We're driving down soon from Michigan, to look at land and houses. Has anybody stayed in either the Best Western in Corbin or any other hotels in the area, lately? The whole bedbug thing is so grosssss.. Just thought if anyone knew of clean hotels, it would help. Ewwwww.. can't even think about it

LOL.. any help would be appreciated. Don't wanna bring "friends" home with us!! :-)

Cat

Old 02-18-2011, 05:35 PM

308 posts, read 557,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat48328 View Post
We're driving down soon from Michigan, to look at land and houses. Has anybody stayed in either the Best Western in Corbin or any other hotels in the area, lately? The whole bedbug thing is so grosssss.. Just thought if anyone knew of clean hotels, it would help. Ewwwww.. can't even think about it

LOL.. any help would be appreciated. Don't wanna bring "friends" home with us!! :-)

Cat
Wish I could help Cat but, being so close to where I live I have no need to stay in one and don't even know anyone that works in one. I'm like you though....I don't even like to think about it. From what I can find out, these little critters ain't too particular where they sleep for sure.

Some people with my work used to stay a lot at the Hotel behind Ruby Tuesdays on the 192 By-Pass in London just a short distance from I-75, that's the only one I can vouch for at all.

Old 02-19-2011, 05:25 AM

Ok.. thanks, HiBall. Well.. back to the drawing board

Old 02-21-2011, 12:50 PM

Default Amazing..

It's amazing that no one has land to sell in either Corbin or London. Maybe I'm not looking in the right area? I need about an acre, but it's for a new Manufactured home. I guess some land isn't suited for these? Grrrr

Old 02-21-2011, 05:52 PM

365 posts, read 735,631 times
There's land for sale. I know the local real estate booklet has a section for land for sale. You might try a web search of the realtors in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky