Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Difficult time selling home in northern Kentucky, real potential buyers, home improvements, house appreciation, exotic loan programs, slow market, median Florida home prices

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 05:18 PM

131 posts, read 577,858 times

Advertisements

Just an update b/c this thread/topic should be of interest to those moving into Northern KY ( I am not sure about Louisville or Lexington). Our housing market is really going nuts and it started big time about June (end of). I can't wait to see my new CMA and what amount of houses are pending vs stale on market.

If anyone is seriously moving to the Cincy area ( I am within the loop of 275 with close access to downtown) and can't get a loan and/or just wants to look around for a few months but live in a very nice area (Villa Hills) , pls private message me.. I would be open to Lease to Own or at least temporary housing to cover some costs while we figure out what to do.

I am moving to Orlando (talk about going from the pan to the fire) in a few weeks and my poor 4 bedroom/3 bath will be empty of a family. It's 2700 SF and another 1000k for our finished basement. Our neighbors are long term and are freaking about our house sitting empty.

I really enjoyed my house. The mechanics are new and the utility bills are really low. Here is to hoping to find someone!!!

For those not interested in my house.. know there are a lot of deals to be had.. I am watching the death spiral of good houses drop in price by 20k (I swear this is spooky b/c our values are not that bad to begin with)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 05:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,424 times
Default Double B Ranch, We are in Okeechobee,Florida.

We are looking to relocate and have been just about everywhere. All we want is woods and about 100-200 acres of untouched land. Should not be to hard to find you would think. We are currently looking to Kentucky. Is there any places that someone could recommend in Kentucky that is not to Mountainious, but has a stream running thru-out the acreage????? Any leads would be great.....Suecjustice......
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleBRanch View Post
Careful Traysea, I got in trouble for a similar post. We are having the same problem as you are with our place, priced under market value. You can post it on the classified section of this site (city-data.com) for free but people cannot reply to the post so make sure you include your contact info or MLS # in it. It is difficult for people looking to move to Kentucky as there are many MLS sections. You can't search the whole state of Kentucky for what you want like you can on Florida MLS. The best thing for anyone looking for a place in Kentucky (and my husband is a former realtor, so realtors please don't get mad at me) is to go to a search engine and type in what you are looking for (i.e. brick home and acreage, Kentucky acreage, Kentucky waterfront or whatever you are looking for). Using a realtor is still the best way to buy if you know exactly what city you have narrowed it down to. Also using a realtor is still the best thing to do if you are selling and have enough buyers in your area that you can sell it locally. Marketing it is the whole key and that is why I kept my husband's former real estate site to market ours. We get about 100 unique visitors a day, but still no contracts. Try posting your place on the free classifieds on city-data.com like I said above. I have had a lot of people viewing mine. Good luck as our sale time (May to August) is almost gone, although we came from Florida 3 years ago looking in February and also September and October. You never know. I know this is the best place I have ever lived.

Old 08-16-2007, 06:50 AM

131 posts, read 577,858 times
Suecjustice:

KY is beautiful and I can imagine that you'd be able to find something with lots of acreage but not sure about 100-200. It all depends on where you want/need to be.

If you don't want mountains then stay away from eastern ky. I would say Northern KY has really nice hills with streams. I'd look at counties around Frankfort, Georgetown, London, Carrolton and maybe farther south near E-town (elizabethtown). Owensboro, Henderson etc.

I'd use tools like realtor.com, zillow, trulia etc to see if there is land listed (and FSBO) to give you an idea.
Good luck. Traysea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky