Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2006, 06:01 AM

850 posts, read 3,157,940 times

Advertisements

Does anyone here remember the health movement back in the 70's - when most of those "in-the-know" were using Shaklee products? I know there was a huge market in the Bullitt county area, but as I mention it to others, they act as though they have never heard of these health products.

Am I the only one? I still use them, and find them to be the most valuable thing around. I have had some people order through me, but they are young and looking for something they haven't tried.

Am I crazy - or has everyone just forgotten?

I remember my parents on their health kick - Dad was running - did the Mini-Marathon a Derby many years in a row - Mom taught aerobics (still does), and I took what they told me too.

Just wondered if anyone else remembered that fad around here! Thinking about the coming new year and what I needed to improve prompted this post. I think it's time to work on my New Year resolutions early! I turned 40 this year, and some things do not work like they used to!

KimmieyKY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2006, 12:16 PM

257 posts, read 1,080,811 times
Default Kimmie

My sister swears Shaklee is the best thing next to peanut butter! I know she and her husband used it for years.......I bet she still does!!!

Old 12-17-2006, 01:57 PM

850 posts, read 3,157,940 times
It absolutely is! I tell you what, after two surgeries in 2004, had it not been for my supplements, I know I would not have recovered as fast as I did.

I have Fibromyalgia, and the nutrition is better than the pain control my doctor started me on 4 years ago. If I had known then what I know now, I never would have taken it - the supplements give me more energy and less pain than anything. Now I am working on getting off the prescriptions - I can cut them in half or more when I take what I need vitamin wise!

Thanks for writing -

Glad to know I am not the only one who knows!

KimmieyKY

Old 12-17-2006, 08:44 PM

2,639 posts, read 3,222,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmieyky View Post
Does anyone here remember the health movement back in the 70's - when most of those "in-the-know" were using Shaklee products? I know there was a huge market in the Bullitt county area, but as I mention it to others, they act as though they have never heard of these health products.

Am I the only one? I still use them, and find them to be the most valuable thing around. I have had some people order through me, but they are young and looking for something they haven't tried.

Am I crazy - or has everyone just forgotten?

I remember my parents on their health kick - Dad was running - did the Mini-Marathon a Derby many years in a row - Mom taught aerobics (still does), and I took what they told me too.

Just wondered if anyone else remembered that fad around here! Thinking about the coming new year and what I needed to improve prompted this post. I think it's time to work on my New Year resolutions early! I turned 40 this year, and some things do not work like they used to!

KimmieyKY

I remember it well. I was living in Burbank, California at the time and my mom even sold the product out there, so it wasn't only big in KY but CA as well. People lived and breathed it.

Old 02-13-2008, 12:24 PM

1 posts, read 6,779 times
Thumbs up Wellness Era

Wellness Era

I guess I was too young to remember, I was just a kid back then . Now hitting 30, I am in that phase where I want to be healthy and live my life full of happiness. I am actually an independent distributor for Shaklee and I know where you are coming from when you say the best. Sinced I have been with the company I have felt better, look better , and have a better pocket book too. I love their products, they really know what they are doing. I guess that 's why they have been in business for over 51 years now and are still going strong. Did you know they are the #1 nutritional company. I am not saying this because I rep with them, If I didn't , I would still be one of their best customers.

The health and wellness industry is strong again as those baby boomers are all hitting their 50's. And everyone follows the baby boomers. Green is back now with it. Everyone is demanding safer and healthier products. So with that , I would expect to hear their name floating around a lot more. They are leading the path. Did you see them on some talk show a while back, they have been popping up all over the place lately.

Lisa M.
Shaklee Independent Distributor
Shop
SwitchYourStore.com

GoShaklee.info enter zr00656 to win $250 worth of products for viewing our presentation

Last edited by lisamommy; 02-13-2008 at 12:40 PM..

Old 09-23-2008, 04:17 PM

1 posts, read 6,029 times
Default Shaklee?

I have a friend who swears by Shaklee too. She once had cancer and stumbled onto Shaklee. She takes her supplements daily and the cancer never came back.
I am actually thinking about looking at one of those products and use it for a research project for my nutrition class

Old 09-08-2011, 04:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,987 times
Yes, I remember Shaklee from those years, but I didn't pay much attention to all of the MLM stuff back then.

Now that I have had some work injuries and surgeries to repair both shoulders and my right knee and a few other body parts too, I gave Shaklee products a try to help recover from joint pain. The products have helped me more than any prescription meds could have! I'm 58 years young and do not take any prescription medications.

We are now Shaklee distributors for the past year and we are enjoying having a chance to start over with our own business. We are vendors at local farmers markets in our area of Riverside County CA. and the positive feedback we have received about Shaklee products has been great! We are enjoying meeting new people and sharing the Shaklee opportunity when we can.

I am attending Community college and I am taking Business classes and nutrition classes right now. I plan to get a bachelor degree in Business by the time I am 62. Life is good, and I know that Shaklee has given us a new start! Kind of exciting for an old bricklayer!

Best of health to all,
Doug Casady
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky