Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 10:12 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

That site has almost, if not every, stat you can think of. Now go crazy with the data...

Here's a starter for you:Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Exactly!

Last edited by Yac; 11-08-2011 at 07:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2011, 02:12 PM

407 posts, read 1,263,384 times
You are spot on, DixieGirl. No state, country, county, or anything or anyone can make one unhappy or depressed. I have lived in Kentucky for only a year or so and I have yet to see anyone is this area, depressed or lazy or uneducated. In fact, the two young men who installed our new heating system both have degrees from UK. They make more money in heating and air than any degree can offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Kentucky is just like any other area, it has it's share of problems and it has it's positive, good aspects. Happiness is internal, stress and depression are within the person. Living in state a or state b cannot remedy either. You have to make your own happiness.

Old 09-03-2011, 03:30 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
[quote=beilart;20730800]You are spot on, DixieGirl. No state, country, county, or anything or anyone can make one unhappy or depressed. I have lived in Kentucky for only a year or so and I have yet to see anyone is this area, depressed or lazy or uneducated. In fact, the two young men who installed our new heating system both have degrees from UK. They make more money in heating and air than any degree can offer.[/QUOTE]

(to the bolded) That's the good part about KentuckY!

Old 09-03-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beilart View Post
You are spot on, DixieGirl. No state, country, county, or anything or anyone can make one unhappy or depressed. I have lived in Kentucky for only a year or so and I have yet to see anyone is this area, depressed or lazy or uneducated. In fact, the two young men who installed our new heating system both have degrees from UK. They make more money in heating and air than any degree can offer.

I thought of you when answering this post and your positive comments about your time in KY. I am glad you are still enjoying it and sooo glad to have you here.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:05 PM

407 posts, read 1,263,384 times
I have lived in California, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Maryland and spent some time in several other states. There are lazy, uneducated, depressed and unhappy people in all 50 states. Take your pick. I find Kentucky people "real" down to earth and just as hard working as anyone in any other state. And oddly enough, as an educated/old hippie/liberal Democrat/feminist woman with a Masters Degree, I fit right in. And one more thing, as far as stats go, they don't mean jack poop, especially when those "making up" the stats have about as much brain matter as a head of lettuce.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:38 PM

Quote:
I have lived in California, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Maryland and spent some time in several other states. There are lazy, uneducated, depressed and unhappy people in all 50 states. Take your pick. I find Kentucky people "real" down to earth and just as hard working as anyone in any other state. And oddly enough, as an educated/old hippie/liberal Democrat/feminist woman with a Masters Degree, I fit right in. And one more thing, as far as stats go, they don't mean jack poop, especially when those "making up" the stats have about as much brain matter as a head of lettuce.
lol...isn't that the truth!

Old 09-05-2011, 12:19 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,103,050 times
Quote:
Your writing makes me believe that you probably got your M.A. in English from ITT Tech, as you do not write anywhere near a level that would be considered proficient to earn a graduate degree anywhere reputable with any sort of accreditation.

Also, if there is more money to be made in heating and cooling than with a college degree then KY's problem of "brain drain" is finally explained. One wonders why the top talent leaves this state? There are no REAL jobs here unless you count the ones you get through the Good Ol' Boys Network or HVAC repair and installation.

Why does Minnesota (a heavily agrarian state) have nearly twice as many students at 8th grade that are proficient in math, science, English and reading than Kentucky?

Yeah, there are uneducated and lazy people everywhere but Kentucky has more than most places and that only drags us down. What is truly astonishing is that nobody cares to fix it but instead says "don't like it? Leave!"

Old 09-05-2011, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKUKUK View Post
Your writing makes me believe that you probably got your M.A. in English from ITT Tech, as you do not write anywhere near a level that would be considered proficient to earn a graduate degree anywhere reputable with any sort of accreditation.

Also, if there is more money to be made in heating and cooling than with a college degree then KY's problem of "brain drain" is finally explained. One wonders why the top talent leaves this state? There are no REAL jobs here unless you count the ones you get through the Good Ol' Boys Network or HVAC repair and installation.

Why does Minnesota (a heavily agrarian state) have nearly twice as many students at 8th grade that are proficient in math, science, English and reading than Kentucky?

Yeah, there are uneducated and lazy people everywhere but Kentucky has more than most places and that only drags us down. What is truly astonishing is that nobody cares to fix it but instead says "don't like it? Leave!"

And your writing tells me that you are not from Kentucky, because most native Kentuckians have better manners. Since you are not from Kentucky and hopefully, do not live here, what is your agenda?

Old 09-05-2011, 03:29 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,797,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKUKUK View Post
Never have truer words been typed on the Kentucky forum.

Old 09-05-2011, 03:59 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
And your writing tells me that you are not from Kentucky, because most native Kentuckians have better manners. Since you are not from Kentucky and hopefully, do not live here, what is your agenda?
The post from UKUKUK has nothing to do with either good or bad manners. What's your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky