Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2011, 11:50 AM

121 posts, read 269,426 times

Advertisements

I was wondering which areas are considered the most rural in Kentucky.
I prefer to set my sights on Western and Mid KY for now. Truly are there places that exist over an hour to a highway or store. It's not because I am looking for it, but would want to avoid living somewhere where it seems I fell off the planet. I do want to live rural, but not that rural
thanks. Describe them if you can!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2011, 02:26 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,801,873 times
You'll find rural land in all parts of Kentucky. It might be more helpful to list the few areas which are more heavily populated, but even then, you can find farmland and/or undeveloped land well within an hour of Louisville, Northern Kentucky (the greater Cincinnati area), and Lexington.

Much of eastern Kentucky is rural, too, with smaller communities than the rest of the state in general, with a few exceptions. The same can be said of western Kentucky. Central Kentucky is more developed, but even here, there is a lot of open space - but prices will be higher, generally speaking.

Are you hoping to farm, hunt, fish, just enjoy woods, or what, once you find your place? Do you plan to build a house or are you looking for an existing house? What about barns or other outbuildings? Fences? Water and electricity? Proximity to good schools? Your plans will help determine the best places to look.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:33 PM

Looking back over your previous posts, it appears that you've asked various versions of the above inquiry not only in the Kentucky forums, but also in the Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, and Connecticut forums recently, and at times have stated that you definitely plan to move to a particular area and will soon be visiting it to check it out. I can find no evidence that any of your projected visits to various places have actually taken place, though you've received good and extensive suggestions each time.

It seems to me it would be advisable for you to settle on a place to move and stick to it rather than jumping from state to state, or else state forthrightly that you're investigating possibilities in various places, rather than leading others to believe that you're definitely moving to their state and repeatedly asking for advice.

Armchair travel is great - this just isn't the place for this variety of it.

Old 10-31-2011, 06:57 PM

121 posts, read 269,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Looking back over your previous posts, it appears that you've asked various versions of the above inquiry not only in the Kentucky forums, but also in the Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, and Connecticut forums recently, and at times have stated that you definitely plan to move to a particular area and will soon be visiting it to check it out. I can find no evidence that any of your projected visits to various places have actually taken place, though you've received good and extensive suggestions each time.

It seems to me it would be advisable for you to settle on a place to move and stick to it rather than jumping from state to state, or else state forthrightly that you're investigating possibilities in various places, rather than leading others to believe that you're definitely moving to their state and repeatedly asking for advice.

Armchair travel is great - this just isn't the place for this variety of it.
actually some of them posts are old, and yes in fact I have checked out many of those areas. through the years home prices have really climbed unreaslistically........... advice is free so I do not see an issue........... if I could spend weeks or a month in these ares then I guess I would have the answers and not need to use city data for reliable and helpful advice and answers. so if I am such a problem skip over my questions, no one says you have to answer them if you feel it is a waste of your time or expertise. people sometimes move very often in life, so is it surprising that I be interested in different areas. and yes makes sense to rephrase so I will make a point to let everyone know I am investigating places to move...................... I find your attitude ruse so please do not even bother to reply to any of my questions any longer

Old 10-31-2011, 08:06 PM

I won't, but will point out that I have taken considerable time and thought to respond to several of your previous posts about Kentucky. As have other posters in each of the states about which you've inquired.

I stand by my previous post to you. I'm sorry you found it rude - it was intended to be forthright and to point out potential problems with your modus operandi.

I hope you find whatever and wherever you're looking for, and wish you well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky