Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2011, 09:49 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,796,777 times

Advertisements

Yes, Owensboro!

OMG, EclecticEars is being pooooooositive. Why, yes, thank you for noticing.

Check these out:

Owensboro, KY - Forbes
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/16/re...-downtown.html
American Executive - Fall 2011 - (52)

I've always liked Owensboro. I'm glad to see great news and progress coming out of there after decades of status quo stagnation. Don't forget, Daviess County and surrounding Hancock and McLean Counties offer some of Kentucky's best public school systems, so they've already got that infrastructure in place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 12:40 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,879,827 times
I agree...Owensboro is a great place. I had the opportunity to visit on business and pleasure. I love the BBQ festival in May and done business with some good people. We always stayed at the Hotel that was torn down, can't remember the name of it (getting old I guess).

Old 11-24-2011, 11:38 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,163,979 times
I have always liked Owensboro. I used to work over there quite a bit and I really like the people. I never understood why they sort just stagnated as far as business growth and such. I am glad they are getting things going again.

Old 12-01-2011, 04:21 AM

508 posts, read 1,511,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I have always liked Owensboro. I used to work over there quite a bit and I really like the people. I never understood why they sort just stagnated as far as business growth and such. I am glad they are getting things going again.
Logistics. River towns did well when river transportation the way to go. Now, Owensboro is sort of sitting there, alone and away from the convenience of interstate transportation of goods. Major cities on rivers still at least have interstates.

That's why, IMO, Bowling Green has surpassed Owensboro in size and economic importantace. BG has a much better location logistically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky