Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-13-2012, 07:21 PM
 
1 posts, read 9,508 times
Reputation: 12

Advertisements

My husband is an Active Duty Marine who will be working in Cincinnati. We were hoping to get out of the city to a more family friendly area and since we will be going into this site unseen, we are moving from California, it's proving difficult to know what the areas are like.
We found some nice places in Florence. Is this a safe area, good for a young family with a 3 year old? The crime rates seem a little high, but that can be deceiving.
We are used to both big cities and rural areas, and prefer to be somewhere in between. The price range in Florence seems to be right where we need to be as well.
Thank you for any advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-13-2012, 10:38 PM
 
442 posts, read 540,027 times
Reputation: 243
I like Covington more, but Florence has some really nice areas. Florence traffic is gonna be your biggest concern. It's typical suburbia. The high crime areas probably border the higher crime areas of Covington. Either way, good schools, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2012, 08:30 AM
 
Location: Kentucky
2,926 posts, read 8,571,892 times
Reputation: 1372
Florence is in Boone County, which is the fastest growing area in the Cincinnati Metro. Therefore, it's obviously a good place to live....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2012, 08:59 AM
 
Location: Near L.A.
4,108 posts, read 10,802,109 times
Reputation: 3444
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Florence is in Boone County, which is the fastest growing area in the Cincinnati Metro. Therefore, it's obviously a good place to live....
Going by that logic, that's like saying that San Bernardino is obviously the best place to live in SB County, California b/c the county is growing very fast. Wrong; the City of SB is a dump.

I don't disagree with you; Florence is a nice place in this case. You might just want to find a more logical argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2012, 10:06 AM
 
Location: Kentucky
2,926 posts, read 8,571,892 times
Reputation: 1372
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Going by that logic, that's like saying that San Bernardino is obviously the best place to live in SB County, California b/c the county is growing very fast. Wrong; the City of SB is a dump.

I don't disagree with you; Florence is a nice place in this case. You might just want to find a more logical argument.
Dude I don't care about California, so anyway Boone County is fast growing for the obvious reasons; low crime, good schools, cheaper taxes, easy access to Cincy. The trolls sure are plentiful on these boards....and yes Electric, you are one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2012, 03:12 PM
 
442 posts, read 540,027 times
Reputation: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Dude I don't care about California, so anyway Boone County is fast growing for the obvious reasons; low crime, good schools, cheaper taxes, easy access to Cincy. The trolls sure are plentiful on these boards....and yes Electric, you are one.
He was simply stating that you had a really baseless methodology.

Then he agreed with your final conclusion. How in the hell is that trolling? Apparently anyone different or who disagrees is "wrong" in Kentucky... then again, that fits my experiences as a minority in the state from Lexington to Harlan to Owensboro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-14-2012, 09:00 PM
 
Location: Near L.A.
4,108 posts, read 10,802,109 times
Reputation: 3444
Quote:
Originally Posted by homiej View Post
He was simply stating that you had a really baseless methodology.

Then he agreed with your final conclusion. How in the hell is that trolling? Apparently anyone different or who disagrees is "wrong" in Kentucky... then again, that fits my experiences as a minority in the state from Lexington to Harlan to Owensboro.
You be repped, yo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top