Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 01:28 PM

323 posts, read 1,131,719 times

Advertisements

Hello all -
The man and I are planning a trip the first weekend of April to check out the Bourbon Trail. We have three days and three nights. We plan to stay the first night in Louisville and would like to from there hit Wild Turkey, Woodford Reserve, Maker's Mark and Buffalo Trace at the least. We'll likely spend the last night in Frankfort. Does anyone have any knowledge of cabin/cottage style rentals in the southern region of the Trail (like around Versailles or Loretto)? Also - any recommendations on which distillers are not to miss and which towns might be worth spending some time in would be appreciated. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 06:27 AM

407 posts, read 1,263,930 times
Definitely do not miss Maker's Mark. It is a fabulous tour. Bardstown is nice to visit. Not sure about lodging in Loretto as far as cabins go but there is a Best Western in Bardstown.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:22 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,896,554 times
Not a cabin or a cottage, but you might enjoy the Woodford Inn B & B in Versailles. It's downtown, in walking distance of a number of local attractions such as antique malls, etc., located in a former orphanage (a nice one), furnished with antiques,and includes a very nice, reasonably priced restaurant with unpretentious traditional dishes. The owner-managers are very friendly and accommodating.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:26 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,803,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_lady View Post
Hello all -
The man and I are planning a trip the first weekend of April to check out the Bourbon Trail. We have three days and three nights. We plan to stay the first night in Louisville and would like to from there hit Wild Turkey, Woodford Reserve, Maker's Mark and Buffalo Trace at the least. We'll likely spend the last night in Frankfort. Does anyone have any knowledge of cabin/cottage style rentals in the southern region of the Trail (like around Versailles or Loretto)? Also - any recommendations on which distillers are not to miss and which towns might be worth spending some time in would be appreciated. Thanks so much!
I've always wanted to stay at the Jailer's Inn in Bardstown. It is the old jail that has been converted to a B&B. Bardstown itself would be a nice place to stay: quaint little downtown with shops and lots of history, My Old Kentucky Home, Maker's Mark is close...
Jailer's Inn Bed & Breakfast

Old 03-20-2012, 10:26 AM

323 posts, read 1,131,719 times
Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm so excited to visit!

Old 03-20-2012, 10:28 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,540,294 times
Jim Beam isn't far from Bardstown. We stopped there on our way to My Old Ky Home from I-65. Beautiful country though there too.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:39 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,803,219 times
Another interesting lodging option in the area. The grounds are really beautiful. Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill | Kentucky Hotels Lodging & Inn At Shaker Village | Pleasant Hill KY

Old 03-26-2012, 07:21 PM

891 posts, read 3,053,139 times
Woodford Reserve is a great tour and is in a beautiful location.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:18 PM

5,346 posts, read 9,855,326 times
I just took my father on vacation and we did the Bourbon Trail. We stayed at Best Western in Bardstown, and I was pleasantly surprised. I am not usually a fan of Best Westerns but this one was very nice with a pleasant, nicely landscaped courtyard and clean pool. Hot breakfast was very good too.

We enjoyed a couple of evenings in Bardstown, shopping and dining in interesting restaurants.

Old 05-18-2012, 05:46 PM

1,671 posts, read 2,025,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missik999 View Post
I just took my father on vacation and we did the Bourbon Trail. We stayed at Best Western in Bardstown, and I was pleasantly surprised. I am not usually a fan of Best Westerns but this one was very nice with a pleasant, nicely landscaped courtyard and clean pool. Hot breakfast was very good too.

We enjoyed a couple of evenings in Bardstown, shopping and dining in interesting restaurants.
Where did you eat in Bardstown? We are planning a trip in early June. We briefly visited a couple of years ago and ate at the Talbott Tavern and Mammy's Kitchen for breakfast and drove to Maker's Mark. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky