Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 02:49 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,248,190 times

Advertisements

Two other suggestions:

1. Wear earplugs. Once you get used to earplugs, you might like them so much you would wear them for a lot of activities, and not be bothered by any kind of noise much.

2. Bribe their landlord to raise their rent, so they would move away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 06:31 PM

1 posts, read 5,606 times
A neighbor in the apartment complex where I live has erected a portable basketball hoop in the commom area between the buildings here. There is already a basketball court area at the end of the parking lot and far enough away as to not disturb other neighbors but they don't use that one (3 nets) ! They have now moved the portable one. Instead of it being in the middle of the common area, it is now right outside my door and set up so that every time they take a shot a miss it hits the side of my apartment. The constant dribbling is driving me insane. It is ALL afternoon, EVERY afternoon AND often at 9PM and 10PM. I have children and understand that they need to play. But, for gosh sakes, WHY can't they use the courts provided and WHY don't they seem to realize that the neighbors didn't sign a lease to live "court-side"! I am experimenting with blasting heavy metal music, i.e. Rammstein, Slipknot, Disturbed, to try to "encourage" them to move their "play area" elsewhere. I figure any music that isn't in Spanish probably won't appeal to them. I hope it gives them a massive headache and I hope they think the devil herself lives here! lol

Old 12-10-2014, 05:28 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,245,978 times
Sorry if I find this humorous but you wouldnt last 5 minutes in Argentina or latin america. We live in a duplex and our neighboors routinely fight, yell, talk very loudly sing, sometimes until 4 oclock in the morning or better.
Cars ALL night long full of people singing to blaring salsa music going by, drag races on our street, people walking down the street talking loud enough to hear the conversations from within the house, loud singing, loud opera or latin music turned up full volume in our neighborhood wild parties that sometimes dont go just ALL night but even as late as 7 or 8 oclock the next morning! Top it all off with a 10,000 seating sports stadium about 6 blocks away with regular concerts and/or sporting events! The first 2 years living in Arg and latin america, I couldnt sleep without ear plugs!

When I first got here I literally thought I would go insane, I couldnt believe that people could live with such constant noise and racket all the time, and LOUD noise at that! But, I got used to it, I return to rural Ky to visit family and its sooooo quiet, I have to pinch myself to make sure Im not dreaming or luving in some alternate reality or dead or something!

Old 12-11-2014, 01:51 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,891,510 times
The original post in this thread was written in April, 2012. I hope the game is finished by now!

Old 12-11-2014, 02:41 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,943,092 times
I feel your pain, only next door (with a shared driveway) to me - also in Kentucky - is a perpetual FIESTA with all of the perks that go along with that such as attempts to slaughter a goat in the front yard (I called the police), the "Mexican doorbell" (car horns honking at all hours of the day and night), and wet laundry hung out to dry on the chained-link fence that separates our lawns. Add to that 20-gazillion children under the age of 10 and no concept of respecting other people's property or property boundaries and, as an added bonus, the fact that I NEED to sell the house. Wish me luck!

Your best bet is the number-of-people per bedroom angle (for rental, at least, it's two); report the landlord to city codes.

In our case, there IS no "noise ordinance" except after midnight, and even that doesn't apply on weekends.

But at least, if misery truly loves company, I've made you feel better! You're not alone...

Old 12-18-2014, 07:45 PM

1 posts, read 5,461 times
Hah hah...someone mentioned music...try playing Michael Jackson full bore...sends the little darlings running!!

Old 01-13-2015, 05:24 PM

104 posts, read 174,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelsieG View Post
My bedroom and tv room are both in the back of the house, near the source of the noise.
Solution #1
As far as the TV Room Just Install a Nice Set of 1000-Watt TV Home Theater Speaker's So
you can drown out the Basket Ball noise. That's what I would do.

Solution #2
For the Bedroom
Noise Canceling Headphones
these are the nascar trackscan model about $64.00
or you could go for the Bose Bluetooth model but them are about $249.99

Old 01-13-2015, 05:58 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,624,166 times
Do you own a sprinkler?

Old 01-13-2015, 06:42 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,465,362 times
This thread fits Kentucky well.. basketball is a religion in this state. GO UK.. still unbeaten and number One... whats your fav colors baby.. BLUE AND WHITE.

Old 01-14-2015, 05:20 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,245,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
This thread fits Kentucky well.. basketball is a religion in this state. GO UK.. still unbeaten and number One... whats your fav colors baby.. BLUE AND WHITE.
Do you bleed blue and hate IU and UofL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: