Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 05:03 AM

1 posts, read 3,526 times

Advertisements

I recently have new neighbors with a basketball goal right outside my living room window. I'm also pulling my hair out. I'm up now at 3:30 am annoyed thinking about it. I called the police twice and I'm pretty sure they think I'm ridiculous and they made light of the situation.
I turn my sprinklers on to get the playing area all wet, howeveriI'm just running up my own bill.
I will also take a knife to any ball I get my hands on.
The mother of this children is a B and refuses to move the goal to her back yard or another area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 07:04 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,421,974 times
Whose property is it on? Bummer the mother wont listen to reason, it just doesnt seem fair but if it's not your property and not hers, not sure what you can do other than take it up w/ the HOA (if there is one) if you're not getting thru to her, sounds like it might be a long, hot summer (that said, would prob. try the police again and get someone who can better help)

Old 06-01-2015, 07:54 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,048,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natanns1 View Post
I recently have new neighbors with a basketball goal right outside my living room window. I'm also pulling my hair out. I'm up now at 3:30 am annoyed thinking about it. I called the police twice and I'm pretty sure they think I'm ridiculous and they made light of the situation.
I turn my sprinklers on to get the playing area all wet, howeveriI'm just running up my own bill.
The mother of this children is a B and refuses to move the goal to her back yard or another area.
seems as if they are purposely trying to annoy you for some reason

Old 06-05-2015, 01:49 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,958,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Maybe the kids all got run over chasing the ball out into the street.
Inquiring minds want to know!

Old 06-07-2015, 04:05 PM

233 posts, read 417,848 times
I have the same problem. As soon as it starts getting warm out every second that the children next door are home they're in the back yard just bouncing the damn basketball. They hardly ever shoot it, just stand there bouncing it for hours and hours.
You're lucky, our only noise ordinance is quiet time from 10pm to 7am. They can legally make as much noise as they want in the daytime.
Let's just say, I've become an expert on good earplugs and earmuffs. Earmuffs are good, but get hot after a while. My favorite earplugs are called Skull Screws.

Old 06-07-2015, 04:07 PM

233 posts, read 417,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natanns1 View Post
This would very quickly "disappear" in the middle of the night if it was outside my house.

Old 06-08-2015, 07:08 AM

If you ever need to sell your house, better make it in the dead of winter, is all I can say...

Old 06-08-2015, 01:30 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,537,039 times
Any of you realize the original post was over 3 years ago? lol

Old 06-08-2015, 01:31 PM

I was responding to yesterday's post. And hoping for an update from OP!

Old 03-02-2016, 06:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,916 times
Default Neighbors and their children

This is an issue I am currently having, but it's much better than before. It's a townhouse community, so kids playing outside is to be expected. If the playing gets out of hand with balls hitting garages, I disperse the kids and send them away. They tend to listen since I know some of the kids and a few of the board members. Unfortunately, I inherited the townhouse that gets the brunt of the playing. Since the previous residents were renters, they did nothing about the noise and the kids declared the side ( the corridor that leads into the garages ) of my condo as the designated play area. I should have done my homework and observed, during the late afternoons, the noise level and the amount of playing next my prospective residence. I can't do much about the running and screaming, but I do send the kids away if their ball playing becomes destructive to property, unsafe, or unusually loud. So I guess it is a compromise since the board pressured the football players in my corridor to play elsewhere. It was a pain in the rear end. The football players are the older kids. I had one of the board members involved to talk with their parents and have the kids go to the nearby parks and schools to play since these large areas are literally walking distance. They almost broke my window with their dreams of the NFL.

My piece ( peace ) of advice is to get to know your neighbors and the board members first if you live in a condo/townhouse. Get to know the parents of the kids before you complain. You'd be surprised as to how well they control their kids once they get to know you and once the board members advocate for you.

In a year or so, I am planning on buying a house or a three bedroom condo. I'm sure that the neighborhood kids will celebrate with NFL glory and loads of ball bouncing once we sell. They may even have a block party.

Last edited by Mr.SantaClara; 03-02-2016 at 07:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: