Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2012, 04:24 PM

2 posts, read 5,205 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am recently accepted a job in Henderson and now we are looking for houses to rent in the area. Does anyone know anyone that rents houses in the area? Any info would be fantastic. Also what areas are good and what areas should we stay clear of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2012, 06:36 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,316,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazooski View Post
Hi, I am recently accepted a job in Henderson and now we are looking for houses to rent in the area. Does anyone know anyone that rents houses in the area? Any info would be fantastic. Also what areas are good and what areas should we stay clear of?
Call Kathy Jackson with RE/MAX Superior 270-844-2607

Old 05-20-2012, 09:58 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,551,576 times
Check with the Chamber of Commerce office in Henderson. They used to have a list of all rental property in town.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:11 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,806,863 times
Some areas of south Henderson (it's geographically east Henderson) in area from Green Street (US 60) to US 41 and Second Street (KY 351) to Sand Lane (KY 136) have some sketchy areas, but not enough to really qualify it as "ghetto." I know there have been a few murders over the years in that area; my great-grandmother used to live over there and even in the early 1990s, there were some elements of "sketch." Just use your discretion.

You might stick to areas along US 41 south, US 60 east and Zion Road (KY 351) if safety is of paramount concern.

I like Henderson, but you might also check out Evansville across the river (which isn't particularly exciting in and of itself) or Owensboro just 30 miles east. You're talking about a tri-city area and you might find that you like one city better than the other for living. You could also check out Newburgh (nice suburb of Evansville), Morganfield, or for really rural living, McLean County which doesn't have a Walmart.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:18 PM

I have lived in Henderson a couple times, both times in that "sketchy area" you mentioned and have several friends there still. Not too many places in town where I wouldn't hesitate to move.
There are quite a few nice neighborhoods around Henderson.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:09 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,630,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazooski View Post
What is the max amount of rent you are willing to pay?

How big of a house are you wanting?

Where is you new job/how far from work do you want to be?

Do you have kids/what ages?

I live here and have for 15+ yrs now, and my neighborhood is quiet and small, and our rent for a 2 bed/1 bath is $450/month.

Rent varies from $275/mo for a crappy 1 bed shack to over $1,000/mo for a 5 bed "mansion".

DM me and I can give you more info along with names of LL's and good areas.

Oh and Welcome to the Area!

Old 05-27-2012, 07:41 AM

Cav, when my ex and I got married (1979)we lived in Fryer's apts. back behind the skating rink. Being a young married couple without a car, that was the ideal place. Eastgate shopping center was just around the curve. This was way before Sureway built the new store there. We could take a short walk and get jsut about anything we needed. And the bus system in town is a life saver!!

Old 05-27-2012, 07:28 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,630,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Cav, when my ex and I got married (1979)we lived in Fryer's apts. back behind the skating rink. Being a young married couple without a car, that was the ideal place. Eastgate shopping center was just around the curve. This was way before Sureway built the new store there. We could take a short walk and get jsut about anything we needed. And the bus system in town is a life saver!!
I know exactly what you are talking about, lol!

Now-a-days the buses aren't so good. Half the places someone would need to go either get there hours before you need to be there, or right at 30 mins after your appt, lol!

Old 06-25-2012, 10:46 AM

2 posts, read 5,205 times
Thanks for the replies. Cav I have DM'd you. Also I have found some apartments with garages that are being built on spring garden rd that look to be exactly what I am looking for only problem now is find out who is building them and how to get a hold of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky