U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 05:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,213 times

Advertisements

if you think the winters in Ky are bad try to live up here in upper michigan!! I wish we only had a couple months of winter we ALWAYS have at least 5 months of it or more!! I do not like it here at all!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 06:13 PM

910 posts, read 1,340,883 times
Default Come on Down!

Kentucky has something for everyone.

Me and the Wife talk about the winters up north...we watch the US weather forecast and say..."How do those people stand that"? Mid December thru Mid February we can expect some cold weather as low as O degree but, not common, and a few inches of snow from time to time. If winter was 6 months long I would be looking down South, quick. I can stand the humidity but, the cold is another subject.

Welcome

Old 05-10-2013, 08:03 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,527,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misucks67 View Post
if you think the winters in Ky are bad try to live up here in upper michigan!! I wish we only had a couple months of winter we ALWAYS have at least 5 months of it or more!! I do not like it here at all!!
yes, winters there are bad. summers are very nice, however. no one should move to Kentucky for the climate. it has a lot of great things going for it, but weather isn't one of them.

Old 05-10-2013, 08:38 AM

8,169 posts, read 13,641,844 times
Today started out pretty rainy but looking at a great weekend. Son is graduating from Murray State University tomorrow and we're having a cookout here after that. Glad the weather's going to be nice! Mostly sunny and 71 tomorrow!

Old 05-10-2013, 12:22 PM

910 posts, read 1,340,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
Today started out pretty rainy but looking at a great weekend. Son is graduating from Murray State University tomorrow and we're having a cookout here after that. Glad the weather's going to be nice! Mostly sunny and 71 tomorrow!
Congratulations gman...have a good day!

Old 05-13-2013, 12:30 PM

10,993 posts, read 9,162,154 times
Frost warnings last night (didn't materialize); forecast is for mid-80s by Wednesday. Right now it's sunny, very clear, cool, and a little windy in central Ky - temps are low 60s, I'd guesstimate.

Pack or dress in layers and carry an umbrella when you're in Kentucky in the spring. if it gets hot, the umbrella can sub for a parasol.

Old 05-14-2013, 03:26 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,527,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Frost warnings last night (didn't materialize); forecast is for mid-80s by Wednesday. Right now it's sunny, very clear, cool, and a little windy in central Ky - temps are low 60s, I'd guesstimate.

Pack or dress in layers and carry an umbrella when you're in Kentucky in the spring. if it gets hot, the umbrella can sub for a parasol.
all good advice, but you forgot allergy meds!

Old 05-17-2013, 06:13 PM

5 posts, read 4,232 times
Wink paintsville, KY weather

My husband and I are interested in relocating to Paintsville Ky> We do not have any information on it. If anyone can give us a headsup about the area, weather, etc., we would really appreciate it. Lived in Michigan, California and Arizona. Enjoy a lot of golfing....Thanks

Old 05-18-2013, 11:22 AM

3 posts, read 3,923 times
Yesterday in eastern KY was So humid I couldn't stand it! There is a layer of pollen on the cars, too. As someone mentioned earlier, you'll need your allergy meds!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky