U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 05-28-2009, 08:08 AM
 
Location: Harlan, Kentucky
200 posts, read 748,356 times
Reputation: 126

Advertisements

I deleted that post lol. My granny always said not to discuss politics or religion... so I try to steer clear of those topics and keep my opinions to myself.... but sometimes my big mouth gets the better of me haha. Whats most important is, no matter what your background, views or ideas.... Im pretty sure Kentuckians are just as welcoming and loving as just about any other state in the union.

 
Old 05-28-2009, 08:14 AM
 
Location: Providence
336 posts, read 855,306 times
Reputation: 195
"Liberal California stench?!" yikes.
 
Old 07-06-2009, 09:01 PM
 
2 posts, read 7,518 times
Reputation: 14
hi everyone i lived in louisville ky for the past 16 years i have kids and a wife im hispanic and i try to talk and help all mi neighbors almost everyone is white some talk to me some dont but is ok i understand ,the way people talk about hispanics makes us look like we are all the same but we are not,almost every hispanic in the u.s.a comes to work i have always had problems with hispanics that dont whant to do things the right way this country is giving us the chance to do what we cant in our own country, all my kids were born here and my wife too i just became an american citizen, and i love the city of louisville to raise my kids i have teach them to get along with any race.and excuse me if ya do not understand my writing but im still learning.this past week one of my friends got beat by two black guys just to take is money they left him beside the road and a lady found him and call the ambulance why do that?thats when problems starts i just hope that we all get along.
 
Old 07-07-2009, 06:11 AM
 
Location: Kentucky
6,749 posts, read 20,365,407 times
Reputation: 2146
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuer View Post
hi everyone i lived in louisville ky for the past 16 years i have kids and a wife im hispanic and i try to talk and help all mi neighbors almost everyone is white some talk to me some dont but is ok i understand ,the way people talk about hispanics makes us look like we are all the same but we are not,almost every hispanic in the u.s.a comes to work i have always had problems with hispanics that dont whant to do things the right way this country is giving us the chance to do what we cant in our own country, all my kids were born here and my wife too i just became an american citizen, and i love the city of louisville to raise my kids i have teach them to get along with any race.and excuse me if ya do not understand my writing but im still learning.this past week one of my friends got beat by two black guys just to take is money they left him beside the road and a lady found him and call the ambulance why do that?thats when problems starts i just hope that we all get along.
Those people would have beaten your friend had he been white, black, blue or purple. They are bad people who do bad things to others and I can lay you bets that all they cared about was robbing someone, not that they were hispanic.
 
Old 04-11-2010, 07:20 PM
 
2 posts, read 5,075 times
Reputation: 11
Here's what I dont understand... Lived in Lexington till I was 18 years old.. Left for employment and bigger and better things.. But returned ten years later for a promotion.. The same thing I noticed as a child I noticed as a man. IF YOU DO NOT PLAY BASKETBALL FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY, and your black??.. Your nothing... This is for real folks.. Like the black americans that play ball are diffrent from me... To the UK fans it is so.. If you live here as a man of any color be prepared to be stereo typed, be ready for profiling that your up to something.. Oh yeah be ready for some probable cause bull****!! BUT!! If I'm John Wall I can date your daughter.. **** outta here.. I wonder how people would feel if the roles were reversed??
 
Old 04-11-2010, 07:49 PM
 
Location: NOVA
4,521 posts, read 5,471,149 times
Reputation: 1938
I don't even know how many pages of 'old threads' people have to scroll through before finding one they want to resurrect.

As to your racism charge, as a current resident of the largest city in Kentucky, I have to disrespectifully disagree with your comment.
 
Old 04-16-2010, 08:44 AM
 
3 posts, read 7,361 times
Reputation: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
JMHO, I've lived in rural KY and larger, metropolitan cities.
There is LESS racism in KY than in larger, more urban area........again, just my experience.
Hmmm. Here in the rural town of Marion, [which is located about halfway between Paducah and Madisonville] racism is alive and well!

The “local” gathers at “McDonalds“, “The Coffee Shop”, “Main Street Café” and such places, for coffee and to spread random rumors, negative opinions, and slurs toward Blacks, Mexicans, Jews, and -- well, just about any sect of the populace that does not fall in line with the Ultra Conservative - Evangelical views.

The local newspaper, The Crittenden Press, has a “regular” columnist -- the Reverend Lucy Tedrick [though, no person has a hint as to where she attended any type of schooling to be a minister] who continuously spews forth hatred of any “thing” or any “one” that possesses even an almost progressive thought.

Via Reverend Tedrick’s weekly "Religious Views" contributions, she conscientiously reminds the The Crittenden Press readers of the fact that President Obama is [in all actuality] either a Socialist, Communist, non-American, Muslim, a Satanic False Prophet, or ... he is a combination of any [if not all] mentioned.

Reverend Tedrick’s regular, typical rant concerns the concept that anything resembling Liberal automatically enmeshes abortion, prostitutes, drugs, and [reverend Tedrick's favorite idée fixe] the promotion of homosexuality, and lesbianism. A few months back, the good reverend Tedrick (note: intended sarcasm) finally must have had enough with her false act of being Politically Correct for in her column she came right out and used the slanderous term Qu**rs in one of her religious rants. The fact that she did so was not as much unbelievable as is the fact that the editor of The Crittenden Press, Mr. Chris Evans, recognized and accepted that the use of the pejoratively term, “Q*eer“, was suitable, and therefore, fit to be printed in his newspaper.

The very fact that there was not a single mentioning [never mind a criticism, complaint, objection] from any of Marion’s citizens, Advertisers within the paper, Church Organization, or Community Social Club, Civic Organization, Law Enforcement Agency, or Political Organization -- provides the proof that all forms of racisms and prejudices are completely Acceptable -- If not Expected -- here, in Marion, Crittenden County, Kentucky.

In fairness, I did hear from one man that his wife had written a letter to Mr. Chris Evans in objection to his newspaper’s printing the Reverend Tedrick’s article in general and more specially to the hatefulness’ intent of the usage of “Q*eers” in Reverend Tedrick’s printed article. The letter of objection sent to Mr. Chris Evans was never printed in his Letters to the Editor section of his newspaper. I commend this woman … a Methodist Church attendee, a wife, a mother, and a grandmother for her attempt to make a written complaint … owing that any person in Marion, in Crittenden County, to have the nerve to make a stand against intolerance and injustice is admirable, indeed.
 
Old 04-19-2010, 06:47 AM
 
Location: The Lakes
2,372 posts, read 4,582,802 times
Reputation: 1137
Quote:
Originally Posted by killuminadi View Post
Here's what I dont understand... Lived in Lexington till I was 18 years old.. Left for employment and bigger and better things.. But returned ten years later for a promotion.. The same thing I noticed as a child I noticed as a man. IF YOU DO NOT PLAY BASKETBALL FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF KENTUCKY, and your black??.. Your nothing... This is for real folks.. Like the black americans that play ball are diffrent from me... To the UK fans it is so.. If you live here as a man of any color be prepared to be stereo typed, be ready for profiling that your up to something.. Oh yeah be ready for some probable cause bull****!! BUT!! If I'm John Wall I can date your daughter.. **** outta here.. I wonder how people would feel if the roles were reversed??
I think it might be your attitude, level of education, and sense of entitlement that may be holding you back, buddy.

I can tell you one thing for sure:
As long as you act like a decent human being and don't run around like you're owed something, you'll make it fine in Lexington.

The problem many young African-Americans have is that they think things should be handed to them for the sole reason that they are of color.
 
Old 04-19-2010, 06:48 AM
 
Location: The Lakes
2,372 posts, read 4,582,802 times
Reputation: 1137
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
I don't even know how many pages of 'old threads' people have to scroll through before finding one they want to resurrect.

As to your racism charge, as a current resident of the largest city in Kentucky, I have to disrespectifully disagree with your comment.
Well, people always say to use the search feature!
 
Old 04-19-2010, 06:50 PM
 
Location: NOVA
4,521 posts, read 5,471,149 times
Reputation: 1938
Touche`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:49 PM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top