Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2012, 05:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,022 times

Advertisements

Hi I am new to this forum . My boyfriend and me are thinkin about movin to Kentucky. We live in Michigan by Detroit
We were wondering are apartments cheap there ? like one bedroom apartments. I heard Mount Sterling is nice or Lexington. See I am lookin for somewhere where there are stores within walking distance . Cuz where I live right now this food stores are like a mile from me and they are a mile apart from eachother . And are people nice there ? Also how are jobs there? And if there are anyother areas that might be nice, stores walkin distance besides those I would love to know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2012, 12:29 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
You ask a lot of rather open-ended questions. The easy one first: yes, most Kentuckians are pleasant, nice people. Obviously there are some who are not so nice!

Mount Sterling is much smaller than Lexington. There are jobs of various kinds to be found in both towns - what sort of work are you interested in? The cost of living is likely to be considerably higher in Lexington (rent, mostly) than in Mount Sterling, but you'll find a wider choice of apartments for rent in Lexington, too.

There are neighborhoods which are in easy walking distance of shopping in both towns. Lexington does have Lex-Tran - bus service - I don't know if Mount Sterling has anything similar. Do either of you have a car? Good, reliable transportation is essential for finding jobs.

Tell us more about your work backgrounds and qualifications and budget and you'll likely get more responses. Also, do some online research, both here and elsewhere, about Mount Sterling and Lexington and Kentucky in general, and you'll soon discover if moving here is right for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: