Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 07:47 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,807,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbidave View Post
This might be the birth pangs of the eventual New Madrid megaquake anticipated for both natural and supernatural reasons. As the government under this administration procedes with the suggestion that Israel be split and asked to give up borders many christians read this as an omen so-to-speak. We believe that the collateral damage and topographical alteration of states that align on the fault will be the result of the US being split in half (Gods wrath for splitting His Israel!) The degree of this is uncertain as it will take nearly a 9.0 to accomplish a actual split including an anticipated reverse flow of the Mississippi flooding many states. I remain skeptical but why wouldn't I scratch my head on this senario, but then I'm reminded of the harbingers and see this as plausible!
This one is more likely to be connected to the Pine Mountain/Big Black Mountain series of faults. Whitesburg is quite a ways from New Madrid. But there's no question in my mind that God uses many ways to communicate with His people, and perhaps some may find enlightenment in earthquakes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 07:53 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,807,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
I had a couple friends in Louisville, one in W. Virginia (she made her grandkids sit in time out for playing so rough upstairs it shook the house! lol), and one down near Bowling Green all said they felt it.
Funny...remember the cartoon character Earthquake Magoon (or maybe it was spelled McGoon)? I think he was an occasional L'il Abner character.

Come to think of it, we did notice a bird just outside the large back window of our Louisville meeting host's home making an odd, loud and rather alarmed-sounding sudden squawking noise around the time of the 'quake - someone asked our host if it was one of their antique wind-up toys suddenly "speaking". But we felt nothing, and the walls didn't shake. We were in St. Matthews at the time, and some of us later went downtown to visit the museums - no one there commented on any shakin' goin' on, either.

Where do your friends live in Louisville?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky