Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2007, 02:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,333 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I'm a 22 year old female moving out to Bowling Green in a few months. I'm originally from Hawaii , went to Las Vegas for college and finally getting to move where I want to be...I think?! lol I fell in love with Nashville last spring and had my sights set on moving there until I found out the career I've chosen ranked Nash wayyy way up there. I decided to start in a lot smaller market still close enough to Nashville in Bowling Green. I haven't been out there yet, and I'd like a little perspective before I experience some serious culture shock haha! How well do you think I'll be received by the Bowling Green population. I've heard some pretty rough things about small communities "shunning newcomers", but I'm hoping that's not entirely the case. What's the view like? I'm a city girl by location, but a country girl by heart and I'm hoping to get some great insight from my future neighbors!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2007, 09:05 PM

2,126 posts, read 6,777,814 times
Bowling Green isn't that small and there is a 17,000 student university (WKU), so it isn't like people in BG aren't used to outsiders moving in. Is there anything that made you pinpoint BG other than proximity to Nashville?

The view? Do you mean landscape? If so, it is basically green rolling hills in the country, with lots of pastureland in the hillier areas and lots of corn and soybean in the flat areas. Nothing too dramatically beautiful, but still very pleasant.

Old 11-11-2007, 02:59 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,124,206 times
Bowling Green has a very large international community due to Western Kentucky University and we are an international refuge city so the population as a whole is very open to newcomers. This is also a very industrial city...lot's of people moving in and out from all over. The proximity to Nashville is great and Bowling Green is large enough that we have most anything you need here. Will you be working in Bowling Green? The surrounding areas around Bowling Green are very beautiful...Mammoth Cave National Park is just up the road and we have several really nice lakes in the surrounding counties. There is plenty of housing in the city or in the more rural areas.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:50 PM

835 posts, read 2,848,037 times
BG is a college town, and like others have stated are fairly welcoming to new comers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky