Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 03:34 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,108,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecayingAngel View Post
Thank you for your reply.

Since my hubby and I have decided to stay in NJ, at least for the time being, I won't have to worry about getting my meds. NJ is considering legalizing medical marijuana, something that is long overdue.

I only wish that people would realize just how terrible having severe chronic pain really is. If these legislators could only experience it for five minutes, there would be no problem about allowing pain patients access to anything that can help. And I say "help", because I have yet to receive a medication that leaves me pain free. I tell people to imagine having the worst toothache they have ever had in their life, and try to live with it day and night. Now take that toothache and spread the pain all over the body. The only relief comes when I'm asleep--that is, if I'm lucky enough not to have it wake me several times a night.

It is frightening to think that some bureaucrat can make a ruling that can have a devastating effect on one's life. The fact that approx. 15% of chronic pain sufferers choose to end their own lives should be enough to convince those who are more fortunate to show more compassion and understanding.

My meds make my life somewhat bearable. People cannot tell if I have taken my pain meds, but they sure can tell when I haven't. Just taking one day at a time and hoping for either a cure or to be able to afford outpatient Ketamine IV therapy (being pioneered here in NJ by my Doctor along with one or two others).
I am sorry you are suffering so! Prayers going up for you right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 09:36 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,586,859 times
I can understand you problem. My wife has a medical condition that requires several different medications. She has found that she can get most of them mail order which saves her money but there are some that can not be ordered through the mail such as narcotic drugs. Not sure about the exact drugs you are taking. You might check with your insurance company to see if they have a mail order program which allows these drugs to be ordered that way.

Old 04-07-2009, 02:46 PM

41 posts, read 141,016 times
I'm in extreme eastern Kentucky (Loretta Lynn country) and it can be very difficult to get medicine. I have 3 fusions in my neck, including plating and screws, a bad lower back, permanent nerve and muscle damage and have found a doc that will at least give me a few vicodin (only 5/325) and zanaflex (4 mg, 3 a day)...she regularly questions me about how much I use them...240 vicodins have lasted me since before Christmas...and will for another month or two...so I don't think i'm anywhere near a drug addict. But, it is possible for you to find a doc that will be willing to work with you. If this one annoys me much more I'll be changing docs. I can't help that I worked hard all my life and at 55 I finally fell apart. Best of luck to you!

Old 04-07-2009, 10:18 PM

1,297 posts, read 4,775,785 times
I have severe ostioarthritis in my left hip and my Dr. prescribes 120 Loratabs 500mg/10mg codine monthly plus a few others. I have to call Dr. every month to renew and when I go to Dr office I have to take all meds in so they can count if they want to. They never have yet.

I never knew what the big deal was when I moved here from Indiana but have noticed a lot of drug arrests in this small town (Somerset, KY) every week. These meds just dull the pain, and like you say people don't understand why I don't walk and exercise so as to lose weight. They don't know what pain is till it happens to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky