Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 11:33 AM

6 posts, read 23,607 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
Can anyone tell me how can i get from Murray to louisville ky ? Or somewhere else where there is an airport ?
What about fulton, is it far from murray ?

I'm considering coming to Murray for a year as a student , but i can't find any adequate transportation or I may be looking in wrong places.

Thank you, every help is welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 01:22 PM

11,083 posts, read 17,527,537 times
Flying from Murray to Louisville, I'd fly out of Paducah. Paducah is about 50 miles away using US 641.
Of course this was back in the 70s, but my first semester room mate was from Louisville and went home quite often. Several times he would put a note on the bulletin board at the dorms looking for a ride and willing to split the gas.
If you're wanting to be on the road forever and ever to get there, the closest Greyhound bus stop to Murray is in Mayfield.

I like to play around and google situations like this. You can rent a car from Enterprise (when I checked I marked that you ARE over age 25). A Chevy Spark or similar type car, for $19.99/day. I said you needed it from 5/24-5/27. Total rental charge is $67.62, unlimited mileage.
For the wild ride, flying out of Paducah, with a stop in CHICAGO, is $368!

Old 05-20-2013, 02:15 PM

Thank you, but i won't have a drivers license to rent a car. Honestly i don't feel much comfortable sharing a ride with someone, can you tell me if there is any bus or how much would taxi cost to Paducah ?

Old 05-20-2013, 03:51 PM

Yeah, Murray doesn't have bus service. The reason Mayfield does is because it's on the route from Paducah to Fulton and on to Memphis and New Orleans. I'm not for sure but you should check around campus or town and see if there isn't some kind of shuttle service between the two towns.

Maybe this site will work for you. I fill everything out and it tells me I left something blank. See what you can find out.
Good luck and have a safe trip!

https://www.greyhound.com/farefinder/step1.aspx

Old 05-21-2013, 09:42 AM

I tried also to look it up but nothing came up...I found nothing on internet for any kind of shuttle service... Do you think would be good to take a cab from murray to mayfield and from mayfield to louisville with a bus? I found out the cab from murray to paducah would cost me 100$ to go, plus 100$ when coming back that's 200$...a lot..

Old 05-21-2013, 09:50 AM

I think i found one, could you please check if i got it right ? Inter-City | Paducah Area Transit System | Paducah, KY

Old 05-21-2013, 11:14 AM

The way it reads right under the map is that you can contact Murray-Calloway Transit.
Went to their page and read "Share Ride Program: The MCTA offers a share ride program to Paducah for $17 each way, just call 753-9725 to fit your schedule into ours! The trip must originate in Calloway County for the MCTA to perform this service." $17 for a ride to Paducah doesn't sound bad!

Old 05-21-2013, 11:29 AM

550 posts, read 1,282,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runiti View Post
Hi everyone,
Can anyone tell me how can i get from Murray to louisville ky ? Or somewhere else where there is an airport ?
What about fulton, is it far from murray ?

I'm considering coming to Murray for a year as a student , but i can't find any adequate transportation or I may be looking in wrong places.

Thank you, every help is welcome.
Drive. I don't know where you are from but there's not much public transit around here.

I know there's a bus service but I think it's mostly for students. There was another bus that ran but cutbacks about a year ago stopped it.

http://www.murraytransit.com/

The airport is just outside of town. Google it.

Fulton is about 30 - 45 minutes outside of Murray. It's a very small town. Also check out: http://www.fultontransit.com/

Last edited by EVAunit1981; 05-21-2013 at 11:42 AM..

Old 05-22-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
The way it reads right under the map is that you can contact Murray-Calloway Transit.
Went to their page and read "Share Ride Program: The MCTA offers a share ride program to Paducah for $17 each way, just call 753-9725 to fit your schedule into ours! The trip must originate in Calloway County for the MCTA to perform this service." $17 for a ride to Paducah doesn't sound bad!
So does this means i can go from Murray to Paducah for 17$ ? Sorry if i misunderstood you, my internet connection is kind of bad and cant check if murray is in calloway county.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVAunit1981 View Post
Drive. I don't know where you are from but there's not much public transit around here.

I know there's a bus service but I think it's mostly for students. There was another bus that ran but cutbacks about a year ago stopped it.

The Murray Calloway Transit Authority

The airport is just outside of town. Google it.

Fulton is about 30 - 45 minutes outside of Murray. It's a very small town. Also check out: Fulton County Transit Authority - Serving Fulton, Hickman, Graves, & Carlisle Counties
I'm not from the US, international student And as i won't have a drivers license i'm looking for some public transport to the airport, particularly to paducah since it's the nearest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky