Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2013, 10:13 AM

1 posts, read 2,266 times

Advertisements

My husband and I live in NW Oklahoma.......literally the middle of now where.
Flat, dirty, drought depressed and windy. We are looking within the next six months to make a move. My husbands best friend lives in Beaver Dam, KY. He fell in love with the scenery. I love mountains, trees and lakes. We don't want big city, just someplace beautiful. We don't mind rednecks because we probably would be Oklahoma redneck and some of you up tight Yankees on here should try it. Now for my question. For those of you who live there or have been around Kentucky, where is the best place to live. Thanks and have a great day from us rednecks (who have actually mastered the English Language).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 11:28 AM

638 posts, read 1,275,077 times
If you are looking for GREEN, you'll not get any greener than Kentucky!! Mountains- mostly eastern KY, while trees and lakes- all of KY. I would suggest a few trips to some of the areas that interest you, during different times of the year, especially in the mountain areas, so you get an idea of the effects winter weather has on living there.

Good luck in your search!

Old 07-26-2013, 12:02 PM

14,660 posts, read 7,964,687 times
Yeah, Kentucky is pretty green all over. The place here that might suit you the best....well, Idk, it depends a lot on the person. Louisville and Lexington sound like they might be a bit too big for your taste. In the Southern part of the state it is really pretty with lots of lakes,
and fishing and the wonderful Land between the Lakes- this part of Kentucky has lots of farms and small towns, lots of rural areas...heck most of Kentucky is pretty rural tbh...I would recommend coming down and taking and visit of the state, that way you can get a bit better feel for which part would suit you best...they all have their differences.

I don't think I am being very helpful here - a fountain of information, that's me, lol...
but come on down and look around, and welcome and good luck.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:59 PM

118 posts, read 248,937 times
Mountains in the east, swamps in the west, green all over. Rednecks abound, and the only places you get a bunch of uptight Yankees are Louisville and Covington, where they like to cross the river and mingle. Stick to the country this side of the river and you'll find plenty up your alley. Winters are tougher up near Ohio and in the mountains, but generally mild statewide, temps in the high 40's with freezes at night, and not much accumulated snow. Here in Bowling Green we got less than 2 inches this past winter. Summers are long hot and humid

Old 07-27-2013, 04:47 AM

11,008 posts, read 17,380,502 times
Cindy, I've always said there are 120 counties in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. Surely there's at least one that everybody would like Come on out and look around.

Old 07-27-2013, 08:20 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,257,798 times
I would say the best place to live in Kentucky comes down to two, and only two, objectives. 1) A job. If you are going to need a new job when you move to Kentucky, choose wisely. Bowling Green (35 miles from Beaver Dam) is a good spot to center on. I would look closely at the Evansville (IN) metro area which extended includes Owensboro, Henderson, & Madisonville. Of course, Louisville is always good, so is Lexington, & N. KY. Be very careful with the rest of the state. There are some very small, but very hot spots, but may take some more work to find.

The second reason is education. You'll do very well in several counties such as Oldham, Daviess, Boone, and McLean.

Wish you the best!

Old 07-27-2013, 10:26 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,856,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy01051968 View Post
My husband and I live in NW Oklahoma.......literally the middle of now where.
Flat, dirty, drought depressed and windy. We are looking within the next six months to make a move. My husbands best friend lives in Beaver Dam, KY. He fell in love with the scenery. I love mountains, trees and lakes. We don't want big city, just someplace beautiful. We don't mind rednecks because we probably would be Oklahoma redneck and some of you up tight Yankees on here should try it. Now for my question. For those of you who live there or have been around Kentucky, where is the best place to live. Thanks and have a great day from us rednecks (who have actually mastered the English Language).
Hands down, South Eastern Kentucky is the best of all the State. South Eastern Kentucky has all you are looking for and more.

Welcome to Kentucky!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky