Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 01:19 PM

246 posts, read 1,056,994 times

Advertisements

If you're bound and determined to move into Oldham County, then I would endorse Lagrange and Crestwood, over all others. Both are decent little communities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 12:13 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,737,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highliner View Post
If you're bound and determined to move into Oldham County, then I would endorse Lagrange and Crestwood, over all others. Both are decent little communities.
I prefer Crestwood, it is a top notch area and located near to major city amenities.

Old 07-10-2007, 07:57 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,309,675 times
You have had many opinions expressed here on this blog. Many very good and very objective observations have been made. Now, in my opinion, you need to list what you want in a home and then contact the real estate professional of your choice. Here is a fact.. let everyone say what they want, but when a real estate pro is involved, there is much less chance for a bad purchase than without. You will note that I said, "real estate pro." Interview several Realtors. Hire a realtor the same way you would any contractor. Get references, get a realtor's resume, etc. And whatever you do, don't just hire a realtor who works for a brand name. There are good realtors in small companies, and bad realtors in large companies just like there are bad realtors in small and good in large. Vote for the person, not the party...

Old 07-10-2007, 08:34 PM

69 posts, read 321,606 times
Just move to Hillcrest in Prospect and you'll be happy!!!!

Old 10-10-2007, 01:42 PM

2 posts, read 7,392 times
Update: We have now been living here in Buckner for 2 months, and LOVE it here. The area is quiet, people nice, not much traffic, and we are right in between Crestwood and LaGrange. Very convenient and nice homes.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:45 PM

26 posts, read 135,095 times
Thanks for the update, Madrigar! I just sent you a direct message with some questions. I'd love to hear more about your neighborhood, the schools, etc.

Thanks!

Old 05-25-2008, 05:18 PM

12 posts, read 38,132 times
Oliver 30--

Are you there yet? If so, where did you wind up living? Any advice for someone who is now in your shoes?

Thanks!

Old 05-25-2008, 06:38 PM

26 posts, read 135,095 times
Springtimegirl~

Unfortunately, we weren't able to sell our house in Michigan so we are still here. We had it on the market for a little over a year and decided to just take it off for now. Who knows what we'll end up doing. Right now my husband goes back and forth between Michigan and Indiana every other week for his job. Like I said, I don't know if we'll ever move to that area at the rate we're going. So much is up in the air right now.

Are you moving to the area soon? What is your situation?

Old 04-11-2011, 06:08 PM

1 posts, read 1,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver30 View Post
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Springtimegirl~

Unfortunately, we weren't able to sell our house in Michigan so we are still here. We had it on the market for a little over a year and decided to just take it off for now. Who knows what we'll end up doing. Right now my husband goes back and forth between Michigan and Indiana every other week for his job. Like I said, I don't know if we'll ever move to that area at the rate we're going. So much is up in the air right now.

Are you moving to the area soon? What is your situation?[/FONT]
Have you thought about renting? We are also planning to move to either Oldham or Shelby county (leaving NC). Our house in NC has been on the market 4 years. We're going to try to rent it and then rent something here until we can sell/buy. These comments have been helpful to us too as we're trying to decide where in Oldham we'd best like to live. Found a house we love in Croftboro Farms. Anyone have advise about that subdivision?

Old 04-11-2011, 08:13 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,309,675 times
I know Croftboro pretty well. It's a good 20-25 yr old area. Good area to raise a child, open space 1 plus acre lots. Home prices holding pretty steady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky