Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2007, 03:54 PM

52 posts, read 154,553 times

Advertisements

I returned from Kentucky on the 6th of this month.

First off, I'd like to say that I met a number of very nice people and many were helpful with suggestions regarding places to look for jobs and cities to live in.

I saw some beautiful scenery, especially on Hwy 68 and also between Springfield and Bardstown. It was also pretty heading up the interstate toward Berea. The drive going down to Liberty was also nice in places.

I did not like the narrow, curvy, hilly roads very much and can't imagine driving on them everyday. I talked to someone who felt the same when she moved there 6 years ago but now drives like the "locals", which translates driving fast. I can definitely see why one poster commented on how high auto insurance was in Kentucky. Due to these roads, I've crossed off some cities on my list of possible places to live. I would not want to drive to work everyday on them.

Comparing Wisconsin and Kentucky, both are very beautiful places to live. As for friendliness, I would also consider them to be equal or pretty close. I would consider home prices to be very similar, just depends on the size of the town. Obviously, the price of a house in a larger town will tend to be higher than a house in a smaller town. The biggest plus for Kentucky is the winters aren't as cold and snowy. I find that the crime index rates in Kentucky towns are higher according to published data. Wisconsin has a professional football team (Green Bay Packers with a record of 8-1), while both have colleges with good athletic programs. When doing cost of living comparisons on the internet, they come out pretty close. Right now it's a toss up for me. I can look at it two ways -- one - it's not worth uprooting myself for such a small difference or two - it'll be very similar to what I'm used to so it won't be such a big adjustment and I won't have to shovel snow all winter long!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky