Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2006, 12:02 PM

17,763 posts, read 39,578,376 times

Advertisements

Thinking of taking my 3 kids, 6 & younger to the Newport Aquarium next week. We are in Indianapolis, so it would be a decent day trip.

Anyone been there? It looks great on their website, of course!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2006, 01:35 PM

104 posts, read 415,420 times
Default Newport Aquarium.

It's okay but parking is terrible and the area around there is a little more for grown ups. Lot's of gothic looking teens, etc... . I'd go to the aquarium in Chattanooga. It's a world class facilty with an I-max, and an adventure museum all within two blocks. They have got one of the worlds largest wading pools that covers several city blocks. Plus you've got the incline railway, ruby falls, and lookout mountain right there. Stay at a downtown hotel and you can park your car and forget it. Walk across the river on a great pedestrian bridge and go to a huge indoor carousel. It's a great place for families. There's art museums, great places to eat, and so on... It's the best two day family get away, I think, In the east. Safe, clean, lots of kids, plenty to do. Ages 2-15 no problem.

Old 10-16-2006, 01:52 PM

Default follow up

We took our 12 year old daughter there this summer. The mall next to it is full of night clubs for young people trying to be grown ups. Several people with a "buzz on" walking around. It was loud, not a lot of security, needless to say I wouldn't take my crew back, ever. Again, it just feels like it is for adults, not kids. P.S. If your looking for hot dogs, chicken fingers, or mac and cheese forget it. If your kids like sushi and wine then you'll be fine.

Old 10-16-2006, 02:14 PM

Oh man!!! I can't go all the way to Tennessee ... I just wanted to take a day trip somewhere since we've tapped out Indianapolis.

So even if we went during the day it wouldn't be good? I'm thinking about getting there around 11am and skee-daddling home around 4 or so.

Old 10-16-2006, 02:24 PM

Default I didn't like it, at all.

But you might love it. Maybe if you go straight in and out of the aquarium you could avoid the some of the 90210 scene. If you go, post your experience.

Old 10-16-2006, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchmanonthewall View Post
But you might love it. Maybe if you go straight in and out of the aquarium you could avoid the some of the 90210 scene. If you go, post your experience.
I hope so ... we will probably go next week, during the week ... when I talked to someone there, she didn't seem to think that there would be a big crowd.

Old 10-24-2006, 05:05 PM

We just got back from Newport Aquarium. We had a total blast! Parking was easy peasy. There weren't any crowds either so we went through the thing 3times with no hassles!!! We'll definitely go back. What a wonderful attraction to have in your state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky