Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2007, 07:39 AM

2 posts, read 4,952 times

Advertisements

Hi there;
My husband and I are wanting to relocate to Kentucky.We currently are living in Alabama.We are both Paramedics(seasoned).We work in a larger city and are wanting to live out in the country and will be looking to own our own farm in the future.
We are looking for information to help us make this move. Its hard for us to make several trips to Kentucky to check out different areas due to work. We are wanting to work for a county based EMS service(not a big city again). All we need is a grocery store,pharmacy,walmart,and a bank...I dont shop so that is not an issue. I dont mind driving somewhere if I need anything else.
We are wanting to rent a farm for atleast a year until we know for sure what area we want to buy in.After we live there we can check things out. We own 6 horses,TWH's and will be bringing them with us. If anyone can help us out with any of this information it would be great. We are currently remodeling our home and will be listing it for sale after the New Year. If I could move tomorrow I would..lol
Weather here is also an issue,,the humidity is killer in the summer. I am sure it can get humid from time to time in Kentucky,but nothing like it here.100% most days and temps over 110f. I dont mind a little snow,and I am not afraid of a little cold weather either. From what I have read online it seems Kentucky has more a 4 season temp.
Thanks for reading this,any info on farms for rent(that dont mind well behaved dogs)and ofcourse horses.Or any other medics out there that can let us know about current job issues please dont hesitate to respond..
Thanks again for reading,,and have a Merry Christmas...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 04:35 PM

63 posts, read 313,464 times
Check out Hardin County--40 miles south of Louisville down I65. Elizabethtown is the county seat--total population is about 100,000. Hardin County has an outstanding ambulance service with employes paramedics. Might be worth a look.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:04 AM

2 posts, read 4,952 times
thanks,,,it was one of the places that really caught my eye.Just need to know if anyone rents farms. Want to make sure I like it before I make my final move...

Old 11-09-2009, 01:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,173 times
check out the washington county area, small town, approx. 60 miles from both louisville and lexington. go online and check out either steve hale real estate or fred lanham real estate get their phone numbers and they should be able to help you out.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:01 AM

11,085 posts, read 17,530,236 times
I have an EMT friend who is driving 70 miles to work here in Trigg County, down by Kentucky and Barkley Lakes. Population for the county is around 14,000. Cadiz-Trigg County, Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development Commission, Tourism Not sure what there is to rent farm wise, but my step daughter and her husband just bought 12 1/2 acres with a 4 BR 2 bath house for $140,000. They mainly wanted enough land for their 6 yr old to ride his dirt bike and 4 wheelers.
A good way to possibly check who has a farm to rent would be to check with the county extension agent in each county. In Cadiz, contact David Fourqurean at 270-522-3269. You might also check with the USDA Service Center. That is Coy Higdon at 270-522-8111.
Wherever you decide to move in Kentucky, I hope you enjoy it.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:37 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,165,376 times
YOu might want to consider Simpson or Logan Counties, maybe even Warren or Edmonson. Commonwealth Health, the largest hospital on southcentral Kentucky has a very large ambulance service that cover several counties and they are always hiring EMT's and Paramedics. There is a lot of farmland in all of those counties. This is the website for CHC to search jobs:

Commonwealth Health Corporation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky