Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2006, 10:14 PM

21 posts, read 73,165 times

Advertisements

Would love to get info on these towns as to shopping (grocery & other stores)living conditions, etc. Lived in Central KY. for two years and loved it. But we are looking in all small town areas. Guess we are just not big city people. Love to hear from any and all living in these areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2006, 11:45 AM

1 posts, read 3,593 times
My husband and I are also looking to move to S Central KY for retirement. We would like all information we can get as well. We will be in the Columbia, Greensburg, etc area Nov 8,9,10 to look around and to look at some properties. My husband is a Utilities Locator and I am the Grants Coordinator for the City of Alachua where we live. We have about 7000 people and growing every day. Prices of housing, etc have jumped sky high in the last 3 years. Looking for easier pace of life. Thanks for any help.
Jessie

Old 10-30-2006, 12:22 PM

76 posts, read 344,643 times
If you are looking for a small friendly town Cadiz is it. We are a dry county.
As far as grocery stores we have and IGA, Food Giant and a Hancook's Neighborhood Market. We have our own radio station, WKDZ. Our newspaper is published weekly on Wednesdays, The Cadiz Record.
We have a Fred's and a Dollar Store. We have Save on Drugs Pharmacy and a Hospital St. Pharmacy. Downtown Main St is lined with antique stores.
We have a McDonalds, Wendys, Kentucky Fried Chicken, Sonic, El Bracero Mexican Restaurant, Chinese Buffet and Cracker Barrell. Nice retirement community with excellent fishing and hunting. We have a state park in our county with a lodge, marina and fitness center with indoor pool. Our schools are located all on 1 campus, Elementary, Middle and High.
We have Interstate 24 to our east that will get you to bigger towns for malls and big restaurants. Land between the Lakes to our west, Barkley Lake and Kentucky Lake. Low crime rate. Housing and taxes are reasonable. Check out www.barkleylake.com (broken link) If you would like more information about Cadiz, Ky just let me know.

Old 11-13-2006, 02:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,589 times
Default How bout ya, Ky.Hummingbird!!

Well, you said if we had any questions about Cadiz to ask.
We are thinking of moving to Hopkinsville area. I can transfer with the company I'm with, so work isn't a problem.
My concerns are finding housing for my 81yr. old (more active then I)
mother. You caught my attention when you said, a nice retirement community. Do you know if there is any apartment type housing facilities for active older folks, who don't need nursing care.
Also how long is the commute from Cadiz to Hopkinsville. It does'nt look that far on the map. Thanks for your help.

Old 11-13-2006, 03:04 PM

old soul,

The only thing in Cadiz (apartment type) for seniors would be in the Cadiz Housing Authority Complex (270) 522-3916, I have a couple of friends that live there and one of them is 92 yrs old.
Christian County has several, Christian Health Center (270) 885-1166 and a brand new A.W. Watts Senior Apartment Building (A.W. Wattes Senior Center (270) 885-5991)
I would say travel time is between 30 - 45 minutes depending on what side of town.
I hope I have helped in some way.
KYHummingbird

Old 11-14-2006, 01:26 PM

9 posts, read 42,291 times
Default thank you

to kyhummingbird, thank you for your response. you've been very helpful. Can you tell me if Christian is a dry county? Old soul asked me to respond for him, and to ask about the alcohol.

Old 11-15-2006, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brb6fa View Post
to kyhummingbird, thank you for your response. you've been very helpful. Can you tell me if Christian is a dry county? Old soul asked me to respond for him, and to ask about the alcohol.
brb6fa,

Christian County is WET
Trigg County is DRY
If you would like to know anything else just let me know.

KYHummingbird

Old 04-28-2008, 05:00 PM

6 posts, read 24,441 times
Do anybody know anything about the apartments that the housing authority of cadiz issue

Old 04-29-2008, 09:36 PM

Default Housing Authority

The Housing Authority Apartments are nice. They are inspected regulary and are clean and neat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky