Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 07:51 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,857,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
LOL Exactly why I didn't post about Pikeville. I seem to draw the trolls when I do..So we will just continue to grow and build and add jobs and tourist activities and post thenm to all our friends on FB instead.

SHHH, no one outside of Eastern Ky. seems knows about the zip lines, carriage rides, muscle car weekends, the Distillery. etc, etc being built as part of the Bourbon trail, etc, etc.

Almost forgot Hillbilly days next month (We help the Shriners raise money for their Children's Hospitals) WOW talk about all the filddlin' and banjo pickin!!!
No one (well almost) outside of Eastern Kentucky want's to know anything about Eastern Kentucky...if they did it would take the spotlight off of them. It's okay Miss Blue...we all know the motives of the trolls. That's the only reason I hang around. They love me! XO XO XO

By the way Miss Blue, I'm glad to hear from ye. I considered sending you a PM but just didn't for some reason. Have you been doing well?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2015, 08:00 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,415,933 times
I 'm always around, hogsrus. Just on the forums I need to be in most of the time but pop in here now and then. We're little damp tonight and are watching the creeks rise and got the boat tied to the deck

Old 03-04-2015, 08:09 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,857,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I 'm always around, hogsrus. Just on the forums I need to be in most of the time but pop in here now and then. We're little damp tonight and are watching the creeks rise and got the boat tied to the deck
Water, water every where and none to drink at least for some in Eastern Kentucky...still. I think I might have brought that subject last year...maybe not.

Stay safe and take care.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:56 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,229,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
Water, water every where and none to drink at least for some in Eastern Kentucky...still. I think I might have brought that subject last year...maybe not.

Stay safe and take care.

Perry County

Old 03-07-2015, 11:54 AM

7,054 posts, read 16,632,857 times
How about Henry County? very rural yet when you need city or suburbia, just drive 20 mins to Louisville burbs or 45 mins to Louisville city center activities.

Old 03-19-2015, 03:09 PM

25 posts, read 39,749 times
Default I think I decided

I am gonna go to McCreary County for a few weeks and I think I am gonna love it.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:19 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,334,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilavalamp View Post
I am gonna go to McCreary County for a few weeks and I think I am gonna love it.
Make sure to ride the Big South Fork Scenic Railroad for me! It's been a favorite daytrip of mine since I first visited on a grade school field trip over 20 years ago. It's about 10 miles long one way and goes to an abandoned mining camp.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:18 PM

I feel dumb asking this but is McCreary County a tourist trap? It looks like a nice remote place to live all surrounded by deep woods but with websites like McCreary County, Kentucky I'm starting to wonder if it's a tourist spot. I'm gonna go down this summer but in the meanwhile I'd like to hear from someone that's been there.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:10 PM

406 posts, read 860,366 times
Not a tourist trap, not in the sense you're thinking of. There is a fair amount of national forest land that has places you can go, but nothing like the Smokey Mountains in Tennessee. You may bump into a couple of hikers, but nothing like in other National Parks. IIRC, there may be only one or two hotels/motels in the county.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:51 PM

Thanks for help everybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky