U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2006, 08:12 PM

13 posts, read 57,833 times

Advertisements

We are currently living in new jersey,looking to get away from the cold weather.We have three dogs and found a house in lexington we liked.Why? It had a nice fence . On a more serious note,we'd like to find out about crime rate,schools(my husband is a teacher),hospital(I work in radiology),vets, dog parks,community(did I mention we are a biracial couple). ,and a good university.Any help would be great.Also how is the weather,I'm caribbean and was hoping for something close.Thanks.Someone pleaaaaaaaaase respond. My husband being west virginian,doesn't mind the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2006, 04:23 AM

6,830 posts, read 14,365,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade23 View Post
We are currently living in new jersey,looking to get away from the cold weather.We have three dogs and found a house in lexington we liked.Why? It had a nice fence . On a more serious note,we'd like to find out about crime rate,schools(my husband is a teacher),hospital(I work in radiology),vets, dog parks,community(did I mention we are a biracial couple). ,and a good university.Any help would be great.Also how is the weather,I'm caribbean and was hoping for something close.Thanks.Someone pleaaaaaaaaase respond. My husband being west virginian,doesn't mind the area.
The weather isnt too different from NJ. Its a bit warmer and definitely snows less. Its also a bit more humid, but we are definitely not in the deep south here. Why don't you check the averages on weather.com? It is easy to do.

Lexington is OK but in general Louisivlle is much larger (but not too large) and more progressive and liberal. Louisville has more nightlife, more restuarants, and just more of everything. There are several nice Universities of which U. of Louisivlle, Bellarmine, and Indiana University Southeast are the nicest.

Again, all this info you ask for is available on the web with simple google searches. I could see coming here for anecdotal stories, but why ask me to look up crime stats for you? I can guarantee it is safer than most places in the NE and also that in general, crime is higher in urban areas here just like it is in any urban environment.

Old 11-29-2006, 08:24 PM

Thank- you for the tips,will definately keep them in mind.

Old 12-04-2006, 10:47 AM

15 posts, read 71,020 times
I am from Puerto Rico (warm and sunny place) and I moved here three years ago and I won't move from KY because is a very nice place to live and to raise kids; plus my husband is from KY. Well, we go to Puerto Rico whenever we want to escape from the mild-cold weather but I love the state. Well, we just bought our second home but as an investment and we started our real state personal bussiness kind of thing, so If you need help please let me know. Good luck!

Old 12-04-2006, 12:33 PM

458 posts, read 2,161,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilanay View Post
I am from Puerto Rico (warm and sunny place) and I moved here three years ago and I won't move from KY because is a very nice place to live and to raise kids; plus my husband is from KY. Well, we go to Puerto Rico whenever we want to escape from the mild-cold weather but I love the state. Well, we just bought our second home but as an investment and we started our real state personal bussiness kind of thing, so If you need help please let me know. Good luck!
Where do you live in KY? Are you near a Hispanic community? My family and I are possibly moving to Lexington and are raising our kids bilingual. Mi esposo es de Colombia.

Thanks!

Old 12-04-2006, 08:29 PM

Thanks Zilanay will keep you in mind for future references.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:54 AM

15 posts, read 71,020 times
We live in Elizabethtown KY is about 48 miles from Louisville KY (I worked in Louisville) and we have a real state property in Radcliff KY. Exactly where we live (Elizabethtown) has some Latinos but not a lot, the population is about 3.0% Hispanic but Radcliff has more than E’Town with 5.7% Hispanic but is only because Fort Knox, Fort Knox is a USA Army post and is located in Radcliff. I loved KY and we are planning to stay of course; also my husband is from here and I am very glad that in the future we will raise our children in this state. I hope you can feel more secure of the decision. Let me know if you need any help. Adios.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:21 PM

458 posts, read 2,161,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilanay View Post
We live in Elizabethtown KY is about 48 miles from Louisville KY (I worked in Louisville) and we have a real state property in Radcliff KY. Exactly where we live (Elizabethtown) has some Latinos but not a lot, the population is about 3.0% Hispanic but Radcliff has more than E’Town with 5.7% Hispanic but is only because Fort Knox, Fort Knox is a USA Army post and is located in Radcliff. I loved KY and we are planning to stay of course; also my husband is from here and I am very glad that in the future we will raise our children in this state. I hope you can feel more secure of the decision. Let me know if you need any help. Adios.
Gracias! I appreciate the help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky