Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 03:54 PM

109 posts, read 812,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogeriofocco View Post
hi, I'd like of my friend Mr. John stuck, we working in Brazil the Carter Federal Mogul.
he live in Kentucky, but I've know come way me.
my name's Rogerio "Draftman"
thanks.

Can anyone tell me what this post means & why is it on this thread?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????

JOE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2007, 09:21 PM

1,562 posts, read 2,795,897 times
Default It doesn't belong here, but stuff happens...

suncoastman, I think Rogerio is looking for his friend John Stuck, with whom he worked in Brazil while employed by Carter Fuel Delivery Products, a subsidiary of Federal Mogul. Apparently Rogerio was the draftsman on whatever project they were involved in. I expect he posted on the first topic he was able to find when he searched for "Kentucky" and "forum". If anybody knows John Stuck, pass it on!

Old 04-09-2007, 06:08 AM

109 posts, read 812,916 times
Cool Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalabama View Post
suncoastman, I think Rogerio is looking for his friend John Stuck, with whom he worked in Brazil while employed by Carter Fuel Delivery Products, a subsidiary of Federal Mogul. Apparently Rogerio was the draftsman on whatever project they were involved in. I expect he posted on the first topic he was able to find when he searched for "Kentucky" and "forum". If anybody knows John Stuck, pass it on!
nalabama.....Wow, you interpreted that mixed up post very good. You ought to work for the U.N.....LOL.

Thanx.

JOE

Old 04-09-2007, 06:57 AM

1,562 posts, read 2,795,897 times
Lightbulb The UN?

Maybe...if I got it right.

Old 04-09-2007, 11:00 AM

891 posts, read 3,053,372 times
One thing to be aware of in Ashland is that is a steel mill and the air is very "fragrant". I have family in that area and when we visit you can almost taste the air.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:00 PM

88 posts, read 383,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_filly View Post
Hey everyone. I'm 23 and its time for a change. I need a small city, 20-30k, cheap rent and good people. I would like to be no more than 2 hours south of the Ohio border and the more to the east the better. I need a place where if I want I can raise a few mules, and my dog can play. Right now its just me and the dog looking for a small place. . . and a good job. I am in the hospitality business, so a place with a few good hotels (Hilton, Hampton ect) would be great. I'm not in a big hurry, but then again there's not much keep'n me here!

I hope to hear from someone soon!

~*Warmest Blessings,
Ff
I'm sorry. Consider Texas, where I'd like to go! They don't say "it's like a whole 'nother country" for nothing! It's great! If that doesn't float your boat, then try Oklahoma, Georgia, or even Alabama. But I don't recommend Kentucky at all, unless...

You're moving to the Louisville area. Hardin, parts of Bullitt, parts of Jefferson, Oldham, and maybe Shelby Counties (which form an obtuse angle in the metro area) are really the only counties I'd prefer to live in here. It is the MOST midwestern area of the state other than northern KY (of course, KY is a very midwestern state, anyway.) You won't feel out of place there at all. The only major difference you'll notice is a warmer climate. If you want to know more, let me know.

Some of the Louisville suburbs w/in Jefferson County are nice 20K-30K sized cities: Jeffersontown, namely. But Middletown, Eastwood, Brownsboro Road corridor, Springhurst, Fern Creek are all communities within 20 minutes of Downtown Louisville and, while they are suburban, they still have rural resemblances; they're all under 20,000in population, but these communities are all part of the east end conglomerate of L'ville.

Elizabethtown in Hardin County (45 minutes south of L'ville) is emerging into a "toddler" Louisville and is a very nice place. Population: coming up on 25,000.

Old 06-01-2007, 03:23 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,426,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovintexas View Post
I'm sorry. Consider Texas, where I'd like to go! They don't say "it's like a whole 'nother country" for nothing! It's great! If that doesn't float your boat, then try Oklahoma, Georgia, or even Alabama. But I don't recommend Kentucky at all, unless...
Then by all means GO! ... Get! ... Shoo!

If someone WANTS to move here, they may have a reason and it's not kind nor polite to inflict your biased views upon them. You've made it clear to the point of ad nauseum that you do not like Kentucky, what's keeping you here other than you? For pete sake move to Texas and be happy!

Now ... ford_filly there is a lot of really nice areas just south of Ohio with your occupational skills you could also try to get on with the State Park system and there has been a recent push to greatly improve the State Parks, I know they usually have opening in hospitality. 20-30K is not really a small town in many areas of KY it's in fact a large one, barring places like Louisville, Lexington and Northern KY, if you go to even a smaller town you'll find the property lower for a place with acreage. Good luck with your move.

Old 06-04-2007, 08:28 AM

39 posts, read 150,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovintexas View Post

You're moving to the Louisville area. Hardin, parts of Bullitt, parts of Jefferson, Oldham, and maybe Shelby Counties (which form an obtuse angle in the metro area) are really the only counties I'd prefer to live in here. It is the MOST midwestern area of the state other than northern KY (of course, KY is a very midwestern state, anyway.) You won't feel out of place there at all. The only major difference you'll notice is a warmer climate. If you want to know more, let me know.

Some of the Louisville suburbs w/in Jefferson County are nice 20K-30K sized cities: Jeffersontown, namely. But Middletown, Eastwood, Brownsboro Road corridor, Springhurst, Fern Creek are all communities within 20 minutes of Downtown Louisville and, while they are suburban, they still have rural resemblances; they're all under 20,000in population, but these communities are all part of the east end conglomerate of L'ville.

Elizabethtown in Hardin County (45 minutes south of L'ville) is emerging into a "toddler" Louisville and is a very nice place. Population: coming up on 25,000.

Where do people get this that Kentucky is a "midwest" state?? Are you kidding me? We are one state away from the east cost?! How is that midwest? If you want to know the truth Kentucky is more of a southern state than anything, of course we were a divided state during the civil war with both union and confederate leaders being from kentucky, but midwest?? That just makes no sense to me! Anyone who is an original Kentuckian I think would agree with me on this.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:15 AM

39 posts, read 150,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_filly View Post
Hey everyone. I'm 23 and its time for a change. I need a small city, 20-30k, cheap rent and good people. I would like to be no more than 2 hours south of the Ohio border and the more to the east the better. I need a place where if I want I can raise a few mules, and my dog can play. Right now its just me and the dog looking for a small place. . . and a good job. I am in the hospitality business, so a place with a few good hotels (Hilton, Hampton ect) would be great. I'm not in a big hurry, but then again there's not much keep'n me here!

I hope to hear from someone soon!

~*Warmest Blessings,
Ff

Filly ~ Why don't you look into Florance, it is just south of Ohio and while I havn't ever lived there or visited too many times it seems like a nice clean town. I am about your age and I can say it is a part of KY I wouldn't mind living in...it has some nice outlet malls

Old 06-05-2007, 01:10 AM

140 posts, read 606,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphillips View Post
Where do people get this that Kentucky is a "midwest" state?? Are you kidding me? We are one state away from the east cost?! How is that midwest? If you want to know the truth Kentucky is more of a southern state than anything, of course we were a divided state during the civil war with both union and confederate leaders being from kentucky, but midwest?? That just makes no sense to me! Anyone who is an original Kentuckian I think would agree with me on this.
I agree -- and I'm not from Kentucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky