Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 12:53 PM

14,785 posts, read 23,953,955 times

Advertisements

florida is horrible we just moved from there because there are no jobs. the taxes are horrible and rents are outrageous . I just moved here to ky and find that the rents are so reasonable after living in florida . also food is outrageous in florida too . I moved here to lexington to find a 3 bdr house 1150 sq ft which i pay 800. a mo for . In florida I paid 913 a month for a 700 sq ft apt . anyone who has ever lived in florida can really appreciate another state for it s diversity in rents and food and other things . I must say florida is one of the most costly states I have ever lived in .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2008, 05:18 AM

850 posts, read 3,149,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanksComputer View Post
If you have rheumatoid arthritis and/or Fibromyalgia, stay away from Louisville, KY the weather kills you. I have both and wish I could move but can not afford it.
For better all year round weather anything 300 to 400 miles south of Louisville would be better. Keep in mind after several years in the new location you will be right back to the problem you are having right now. It usually takes about 2 to 3 years for this to happen.
To make a difference you must seek a warmer climate, drier climate and barometric pressure stability. The barometric pressure changes are the most important of the three factors. If an area’s barometric weather changes all the time (either up or down), you will have what is called weather knee (rheumatologist treat this). If comes from the old wives tales, that have been proven to be true. If the barometric pressure changes either up or down more than 2 points you will have a problem. At a 2 point change your joints will fell bad and hurt a bit. If you get a change more than that your joints will hurt more. As the barometric pressure changes just double it and it will match your level of pain on a scale of 1 to 10.
[font=Arial]One last thing for a new rheumatologist check this web site of the memAmerican College of Rheumatology URL=Geographic Membership Directory .
Hope this helps.
Hank
I have to agree COMPLETELY with this reply. I have Fibro and am going after the holidays to be checked for MS - and I can tell you the pain starts horribly around the end of October and rarely lets up until May.

The summer causes it to wax and wane as the humidity and pressure goes up and down constantly.

I visited my mother in Sebring Florida one November, and it was the best I had felt in years. This past summer, we wnet down in July, and though the humidity THERE was killer - it is so different from HERE - and the pain eased again.

From a health standpoint, anyone with allergies, asthma, or any type of chronic pain syndrome - fibro, R.A., etc., need to think really hard before moving.
Don't get me wrong - I was born and raised here, love this place, but if I could move I would. Warm and dry like Nevada, or the climate of Florida seem to be the only places for relief.

BUT...if you find a good massage therapist, a good Homeopathic doc, and a wonderful tanning bed arrangment, it can be tolerated a little better.

Good luck to you - hope you find what you seek!

And Hank - I am with you! The pain is relentless, the meds don't work when the weather is 'fluxing', and I can tell at least a day or so in advance that the weather is about to change. God love ya! You are not alone!

smilf - you may very well be right, as the OP said nothing of that nature - but I truly think it's good info to throw out there. Certain health issues are just almost impossible to deal with here. Maybe we should add 'health issues' to our criteria of questions to be answered by those seeking info here. Might help give better answers!

Kimmiey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky