Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2007, 10:10 AM

3 posts, read 16,889 times

Advertisements

I am not from kentucky originally. I moved here two years ago and live in northern kentucky now. My son attends Covington Catholic high school and when we play teams from eastern or western kentucky I would here other fans from there schools want to beat the folks from the golden triangle? I have heard it numerous times and don't know what it means. The way they say it seems to mean an insult. Are people in kentucky jealous of the northern region? Just something that came to mind when stumbling on this website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 10:28 AM

688 posts, read 3,037,894 times
I've usually heard it in reference to the triangle made by Lexington, Louisville, and N KY/Cincinnati - basically the grouping of the three largest metro areas of Kentucky.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:31 AM

1,833 posts, read 6,425,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mack01 View Post
I am not from kentucky originally. I moved here two years ago and live in northern kentucky now. My son attends Covington Catholic high school and when we play teams from eastern or western kentucky I would here other fans from there schools want to beat the folks from the golden triangle? I have heard it numerous times and don't know what it means. The way they say it seems to mean an insult. Are people in kentucky jealous of the northern region? Just something that came to mind when stumbling on this website.
It's the area between Louisville, Lexington and northern KY. It's the area that gets the most attention in regards to jobs, funding, improvements, political favors and grants. Many (not all) in the golden triangle seem to forget that they are not the only place in Kentucky.

The area I live in is known as political Siberia in far western KY, as the only time we see a politician or get any attention regarding the above is during a election year. When promises are made and soon as the election is over they are forgotten.

It's not jealousy you detect ...

Old 07-13-2007, 10:37 AM

3 posts, read 16,889 times
Thanks for the reply. It makes sense to me the most attention is spent on these places then as a majority of the population seems to be centralized in these locations. I see your point thogh..no one wants to be left out. Also it seems as if Kentucky gets most of it's economical support from this region as well aside from coal. I'm not familiar with the western side of the state but know there isn't much in terms of industry there. No airports of any size hurts as well for drawing in new buisnesses. In the "golden triangle" the infrastructure supports growth it would seem. Thanks for your replies earlier.

Old 01-08-2016, 10:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,665 times
I work at Sullivan University in Louisville KY. I'm researching the Golden Triangle for companies that provide tuition assistance for their employees. Does anyone have an idea of the most efficient way of finding this information out? Does anyone in the Golden Triangle work for a company that provides tuition assistance? Any and all lead/advice is welcomed! Thank you

Old 01-08-2016, 02:04 PM

1,059 posts, read 1,880,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davart View Post
It's the area between Louisville, Lexington and northern KY. It's the area that gets the most attention in regards to jobs, funding, improvements, political favors and grants. Many (not all) in the golden triangle seem to forget that they are not the only place in Kentucky.

The area I live in is known as political Siberia in far western KY, as the only time we see a politician or get any attention regarding the above is during a election year. When promises are made and soon as the election is over they are forgotten.

It's not jealousy you detect ...

Very good Davart, I couldn't say it any better, but, I'll have to add, "All things that glitter are not gold".

Old 01-11-2016, 08:40 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,247,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
"All things that glitter are not gold"
Look out the window. The ground is covered with white powder. There is no gold in sight. This is Kentucky. The proper quotation is not "all things that glitter are not gold" but "all white powder is not cold."

Old 01-11-2016, 09:43 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,880,108 times
Ya ya ya ...what else is new? True golden triangler living in a perfect world. No, the golden triangler's need to look out their own window instead of someone else's for a change but, I'm sure if they did they wouldn't, couldn't, won't or refuse to see the forest for the trees. If they point their finger at someone else it some how takes the spot light off themselves and puts them on a pedestal above everyone else. I have come to expect nothing less. After all...this is Kentucky...right? Ha Ha Ha If you ask anyone, not from Kentucky, what is the first thing that comes to mind when they hear "Kentucky"? Hillbillies/Rednecks and corrupt politics. Like it or not, we're are all in this boat together.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky