U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2016, 09:11 PM

2 posts, read 1,388 times

Advertisements

So for a while now I have been looking into moving to Kentucky from upstate New York ... Kentucky seems like the best state for me however finding a good town to live in seems like a never ending search !!! A list of things I am looking for include

-thinking more south eastern Kentucky
-country side, yet short commute to stores ect.
-places to hunt/fish
- big enough population everyone doesn't know your every move yet small enough everyone isn't on top of each other, overrun
- low cost of living
- high demand for automotive mechanics (my career)
- within a day trip of planing for exploring surrounding areas
- NOT high traffic city life type area I am moving out of that type of area to try and move back into the country life area

Basically I am looking for a place where you can constantly meet new people and friends yet you don't feel like the area is over populated. I place where there is areas to explore hunt fish camp and have fun with friends. A place that is physically attractive to live. Low cost of living yet decent Income.

I know this info is kind of vague I have been researching for what seems like forever and can't seem to be satisfied with a place. I would rather have feedback from one who knows the area so I can efficiently plan a visit to see if it I fact feels like my future home

Thanks to anyone who can help guide me within the right direction in my search for my future home feel free to ask questions to help me help you help me haha thank you !!

Last edited by Devon33; 03-27-2016 at 09:13 PM.. Reason: Forgot info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 09:46 PM

912 posts, read 1,352,699 times
Check out the London area in the South Eastern part. It has everything you are looking for, including a job in the automotive Tech industry.

I have lived and worked in the area for a long time.

Good luck!

Old 03-28-2016, 11:12 AM

2 posts, read 1,388 times
Thanks very much for the input I will check out that area for sure !! Really appreciate it !

Old 03-30-2016, 09:04 AM

355 posts, read 685,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devon33 View Post
So for a while now I have been looking into moving to Kentucky from upstate New York ... Kentucky seems like the best state for me however finding a good town to live in seems like a never ending search !!! A list of things I am looking for include

-thinking more south eastern Kentucky

- high demand for automotive mechanics (my career)
Hmmm, keeping in mind the need for work as an automotive mechanic- I would recommend London, Corbin, Somerset or maybe as an outside choice Middlesboro. I know most towns have the need for automotive mechanics, but those towns should have a good number of dealers/auto shops where it might be easier to find a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky