Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2008, 07:54 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,309,023 times

Advertisements

To those of you who are like me, a Realtor, or other business people participating in this forum, please do not violate the advertising terms by putting your links, etc in your responses. It just makes us all look bad. This is a help people decide forum. Please talk about what you know, share your stories, and give people objective advice. If you do a good job of sharing, the intelligent people of this forum will seek you out for help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 07:28 PM

969 posts, read 2,819,082 times
Right on tomocox! I couldn't agree more. I really enjoy this forum, but for a while there I was pretty bummed out by a handful of agents who came across like "Hey, I need a check, use me so I can get paid!" That is the last thing our industry needs, yet alone this forum.

Old 04-03-2008, 07:50 PM

11,085 posts, read 17,530,236 times
I agree with the advertising deal. When somebody mentions looking for a house or checking house prices I just mention realtor.com . My wife and I are looking for a house here in the Trigg/Christian/Caldwell county area and I think she checks on there a couple times a day! lol

Old 04-03-2008, 08:18 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,309,023 times
kygman... just a helpful hint. Realtor.com loads listings from its partner MLS's once overnight daily. (that sounds weird) Realtor.com also requires that properties be listed on an MLS. Many Kentucky counties do not have active MLS service.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:54 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,184,209 times
Thanks for somebody pointing out the purpose of this site.

By the way---------I think the same should apply to non-realtors who praise their hometown up,then go into lengthy detail about the description of their house that is for sale in that same town.

It kinda makes you take their praising of their town with " a grain of salt".

Old 04-04-2008, 05:15 PM

11,085 posts, read 17,530,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
kygman... just a helpful hint. Realtor.com loads listings from its partner MLS's once overnight daily. (that sounds weird) Realtor.com also requires that properties be listed on an MLS. Many Kentucky counties do not have active MLS service.
Thanks, Tom. When she checks out the houses and finds one she's interested in she opens another window with a local realtor where she can paste in the MLS number for the house. Gives us a better guide on some of them. We've found a couple counties that don't list theirs on there. A Princeton realtor told us about a house we drove by to check out. The orange walls in the bedrooms just about ran us off right away. Then we looked at the back yard. It drops WAY off, all the way to the railroad tracks.
When she asked if we were interested I told her I didn't think so. Have no idea where to get the mountain goats I would need to mow the back yard! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky