U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2006, 02:22 PM

26 posts, read 155,211 times

Advertisements

Aloha... i'm just a hawaiian trying to make my way to Bardstown to visit a friend who recently passed away.

I have a few questions that i'd appreciate anyone's assistance with:

What is the nearest airport to fly into?
How long would a drive be from the airport to Bardstown?
Are there hotels / motels in Bardstown?

Or is there a website that I can go to to find information on Bardstown... so far google hasn't returned too helpful sites... i'm trying my luck with this forum...

Thanks in advance...

Aloha nui loa,
wika
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2006, 05:55 PM

92 posts, read 469,058 times
Your closest airport will be Louisville International (SDF)

Bardstown will be 35 miles from the airport, south of town. It is a charming, historic town with plenty lodging options.

Old 12-25-2006, 10:28 AM

5 posts, read 17,368 times
I live in Bardstown. You will want to fly into Louisville and depending on the time of day (traffic), it will take you 30-40 minutes to get to Bardstown. The website you need to check out is http://www.visitbardstown.com/tourism/
This site has a list of the hotels, etc. I have had family stay in several of these hotels, and I think the best is the Comfort Inn or the Hampton unless of course you go for one of the many B&Bs in the area...these are much more like home, but can be pricey.

Old 12-27-2006, 08:18 PM

850 posts, read 2,955,679 times
Glad to have you visit, sorry about the circumstances. SocialWorker is correct - Louisville International is the closest.

I believe you will find lodging very accessible - travel I-65 south to the Bernheim exit, turn left onto Hwy 245, and you will literally run into Bardstown approx. 15 miles or so down the road. There are hotels as you come into town.
One thing you may want to do is contact the funeral home find out where it is located exactly. Bardstown is not very large, but it is possible to get closer - just ask - they will be more than happy to help.

As I am reading the date of your post, I may be after the fact, so I hope you were able to navigate easily.

Very sorry for your loss.

KimmieyKy

Old 02-05-2007, 02:22 PM

26 posts, read 155,211 times
Thank you for the assistance everyone.

KimmieyKy, thank you for your kind words... as a matter of fact, I'm still on my quest to get out to Bardstown. I am currently looking for airfare and accomodations.

Socialworker, thank you for advice on the website... it's perfect.

Aloha,

Kawika

Old 02-07-2007, 04:39 AM

850 posts, read 2,955,679 times
Good luck to you. Safe journey, and we will make you feel at home.
Send me a message when you get into town - or at least Louisville. I am 15 minutes away from Bardstown and will help all I can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky