Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 02:40 PM

88 posts, read 407,152 times

Advertisements

My cousin, originally from Eastern Kentucky, now living in Louisville, who also lived in Lexington for awhile, said that there is a section of Lexington that Eastern Kentucky people live in, and it is called "Little Paintsville".

Does anyone know what section of town this is in, and what is the community like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 08:06 AM

Anyone know? I will post this in the Lexington section.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:57 PM

2 posts, read 6,705 times
I grew up in Paintsville and still live nearby, some of my family lives in lex and is spread out. Ive never heard of that. A lot of people have moved to lex from p-ville to attend college, for good jobs, access to interstates,airport, malls, restaurants, etc.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:23 AM

Thanks, I love Paintsville, it is my favorite place to be. Unfortunately I had to move out of state several years ago, but I still visit my family there frequently. Paintsville is its own little world, and there is no place like home to me.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:38 AM

1,714 posts, read 6,040,238 times
I've met people all over Lexington who were from Paintsville. It's always amazing to me that so many people can come from such a small town. Pretty town, too.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:20 AM

1,088 posts, read 2,191,993 times
I think perhaps he's referring to Paintsville and by calling it "little paintsville" he's just saying Paintsville is small.

I live about 20 miles from Paintsville (It's in Johnson County) and go there once or twice a week. It's a nice town, and we love going the Apple Festival each year.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:14 PM

3 posts, read 8,530 times
Hmm, may be talking about an area called "Little Paint" thats near p-ville. it's an area thats near Paint Creek.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:30 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,548,042 times
A section of Lexington called "Little Paintsville"? I've never heard of that.

Old 04-09-2010, 04:30 PM

171 posts, read 376,668 times
I live in Louisville and several years back I was dating a woman from Paintsville. We were in a bagel shop one morning approximately 1.5 miles from my old high school and a mile from my childhood home and she ran into 3 other people she knew from her home town. She knew more people in the place than me! If I find out those people are all living in a certain area in Louisville I'm going to designate it "Little Paintsville".

Old 10-30-2017, 05:49 PM

2 posts, read 1,305 times
Hello everyone, I found this thread and was hoping you may be able to answer some questions for me about Painstville Ky
We may be relocating to eastern KY and Painstville seems to be the closest city/town within a 25 min drive to the airport.
Does anyone have any insight on the local high schools? It looks like there is two and I have looked them up on great schools but the most recent reviews are almost 10 Yrs old.
Also is there any local sport clubs for youth other than the local little league or AYSO? Im wondering about travel softball or club soccer in paritcular.
Ive gooled local shopping and havent had any luck other than Walmart.
How far will I have to travel before I find a costco/sam's club/shopping mall?

Thank you in advance for any information you may have
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky