U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 08:47 PM

8 posts, read 4,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMan73 View Post
I would have to vote for the Paducah river front.
Especially when one of the "Queens" is in port. It really is a sight to see when they come in, and everyone disembarks for a day of adventure in Paducah.
We went to the riverfront this morning because 2 of the "Queens" were going to be in port together, but as soon as we pulled up down there it started to rain buckets. I guess we'll have to wait for another day to see them here together. There are 31 "Queen" dockings taking place this year in Paducah, we'll wait for a better day I guess!
This is a picture from when we saw the American "Queen" paddle boat in port for the day, back in October 2014:
I been to Paducah several times while in western Ky but I've never made the time to go look downtown or at the water front. I'll definantly make time for it next year though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 08:52 PM

463 posts, read 259,561 times
Kentucky does have the most navigable waterways outside of Alaska and you can't go wrong with any of them. I think a hidden gem is the Nolin Lake area in Grayson/Hart Counties. It is a nice and overall scenic region with rolling hills, winding rivers, and valleys. There are a lot of caves in the area as well and Mammoth Cave isn't too far away either. It is also pretty isolated from the larger towns in that area so it gives you a good chance to get away from it all for a weekend or so.

Old 07-05-2017, 09:28 PM

8,255 posts, read 13,753,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterman23 View Post
I been to Paducah several times while in western Ky but I've never made the time to go look downtown or at the water front. I'll definantly make time for it next year though.
When you get to the river in Paducah don't forget to check out the murals on the floodwall. They tell the history of Paducah. Pretty interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by fivenine View Post
Kentucky does have the most navigable waterways outside of Alaska and you can't go wrong with any of them. I think a hidden gem is the Nolin Lake area in Grayson/Hart Counties. It is a nice and overall scenic region with rolling hills, winding rivers, and valleys. There are a lot of caves in the area as well and Mammoth Cave isn't too far away either. It is also pretty isolated from the larger towns in that area so it gives you a good chance to get away from it all for a weekend or so.
Fivenine, don't forget Kentucky has the largest lake east of the Mississippi by acreage (Kentucky Lake, 160,309 acres) and Lake Cumberland, " The reservoir ranks 9th in the U.S. in size, with a capacity of 6,100,000 acre feet of water, enough to cover the entire Commonwealth of Kentucky with 3 inches of water. "
(Wikipedia)

This shows why I hate fishing off the bank in Ky. Lake. I'm in one spot on the side of the lake and the stupid fish have over 160,000 acres of water to get away! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or