U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2017, 10:19 PM

1 posts, read 474 times

Advertisements

My family and I were recently evicted from my current residence due to having cat. We found a new landlord who accepted all pets. (We have 2 dogs and a cat.) They told us at first due to our time line they had nothing
We'd been looking for weeks. We got evicted on the 3rd of July and have to be out by Aug 3.
The new landlord callede last Monday and said they had a place that was move in ready. At least by the time I needed it. The floors had to be replaced and the house jacked up. That was all it needed according to her.
We go to view the house and it is way in need of some maitenance. She assured us it would be done and we could.start moving some of out stuff in the two rooms that needed no care. We said OK. She said since it was needing so much she would lower the rent about $90. We agreed
We took it upon ourselves to do some cleaning and whatnot to get it ready so they could get in fix what needed to be fixed and get out. I was at work andy husband and his cousin goes in and says more problems are under the service and it's not liveable. Electric issues, busted pipes, walls busted out and more. We go to speak to the landlord tomorrow to see what can be done. My question is that they have several houses that r being worked on and they said we'd have to wait our turn before they can get to the house but with the emergency situation should we be put at the top of the list? The main priority? Regardless of the list they have to go by?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2017, 12:19 AM

8,524 posts, read 4,733,032 times
Do you live in a larger city? Or a smaller town?

If they don't have any thing available in time, perhaps you could put your things in storage and go to a temporary stay/extended stay place until something is available.

The question is - Are they a Legitimate renter.....I mean are the other places just as bad, and are you sure you want to live there? I guess many of your questions will be answered when you have your meeting with them.

Hope that everything works out for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky