U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2017, 10:27 PM

4 posts, read 4,918 times

Advertisements

I am a single female traveling solo to Cincinnati Ohio/Northern Kentucky for a concert at Riverbend Music Center...I am looking at hotels and want to avoid unsafe areas I was looking at staying in Wilder Kentucky or Bellevue Kentucky. Would you suggest one over the other? Which areas should I avoid, which are good and any traveling tips are helpful!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 09:36 AM

10,403 posts, read 21,929,611 times
Only areas with much crime at all in NKY would be some parts of Covington and Newport in the old areas. Bellevue is great as is Wilder. Anything near I-275 near river bend is a safe area on either side of the river. By Wilder I assume you're looking around KY 8 and 275. That's a nice area.

Old 08-09-2017, 09:45 AM

550 posts, read 400,065 times
The Hampton Inn off I-275 Wilder exit is very safe and a nice place. The only crime areas of NKY, as mentioned already, would be the rougher area of Covington and Newport. Although, I have heard the Hampton Inn at Newport at the Levee is very nice and safe. Florence, KY is also another suburb off I-71/I-75 with multiple hotels and is a safe community.

Old 08-09-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY_Transplant View Post
The Hampton Inn off I-275 Wilder exit is very safe and a nice place. The only crime areas of NKY, as mentioned already, would be the rougher area of Covington and Newport. Although, I have heard the Hampton Inn at Newport at the Levee is very nice and safe. Florence, KY is also another suburb off I-71/I-75 with multiple hotels and is a safe community.
Thank you! I was looking at the the Hampton Inn off I-275 Wilder exit good to know it's a good choice!

Old 08-09-2017, 11:14 AM

32 posts, read 15,468 times
Are you going to the Nickelback show?? If yes - have a great time! I started to go but I have seen all of the bands playing already and am saving my coins to see some pro football instead :-)

Agreed that most places in NKY aren't bad at all. You can walk the streets at night and be fine, even close to river is not so bad. People are kind of "rough" but you won't really have too many problems, I haven't as a female (who is of small stature)

Old 08-09-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylormagicFoo View Post
Are you going to the Nickelback show?? If yes - have a great time! I started to go but I have seen all of the bands playing already and am saving my coins to see some pro football instead :-)

Agreed that most places in NKY aren't bad at all. You can walk the streets at night and be fine, even close to river is not so bad. People are kind of "rough" but you won't really have too many problems, I haven't as a female (who is of small stature)
I will be going to the Green Day show! Thank you! I'm glad to hear that it is pretty safe and you've never had a problem!

Old 08-09-2017, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Only areas with much crime at all in NKY would be some parts of Covington and Newport in the old areas. Bellevue is great as is Wilder. Anything near I-275 near river bend is a safe area on either side of the river. By Wilder I assume you're looking around KY 8 and 275. That's a nice area.
Thank you! I think in Wilder I'm looking closer to KY 9 and 275 I'm glad to hear it's a nice area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky