U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 09:06 AM

3 posts, read 1,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
We did similar; we aimed for Crossville, TN, and had several backup plans mapped out if the traffic turned out to "worst case." As it happened, southbound 127 was almost completely clear, and we sailed down in record time.

We had so much time to spare, we pulled over and reconsidered our plan. We had elected to stay out of any real towns, because we though traffic might be bad getting out, so we were aiming at rural areas, parks, or small towns and such. We decided to head east on I-40 and see if we could find room at a freeway rest stop, but they were closed, so we kept going a few miles to the next exit, and as we pulled off, we saw a park. Headed right to it, set up the binoculars, and had a fantastic time. Had maybe an extra hours worth of traffic on the way back, but it was no big deal.

I never saw or experienced anything quite like that in my entire life, and we probably l never will again. We were so, so happy we went. It would have been more than worth it even had it been ten times the trouble.
From what I recall, most of the eclipse path was remarkably clear for the day. I feel lucky for that since the day before there were tons of cumulus and the day after thunderstorms were rolling through where I was around the time of totality.

Worth the trouble I agree, but less than 3 minutes still makes me feel cheated. I await 2024 and who knows maybe one before that if I can make one overseas one day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or