U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 428 times

Advertisements

Hi, my husband and I come from a horse oriented neighborhood up north and we are very close to a very nice racetrack where I give tours. We are looking to move to Ky and we are looking to live near a safe, major city that has a racetrack nearby that we can drive to even when we become older seniors. We need a house with at least an acre because we have two good size dogs and so city life is not for us. We've been to Churchill, and Keenland, but not Kentucky Downs. We'd love to be close to some of the major farms also, but I know I might have to forget about that to be close to my weekend hobby. The only times we have been to Kentucky, everyone was friendly and went out of their way for us, so we aren't too nervous about not being welcome. We are retiring within the next year or two at the latest. Thanks for any help.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 07:17 AM

10,763 posts, read 22,168,855 times
Busiest race tracks are Lexington's Keeneland and Louisville's Churchill Downs. The area around Lexington has strict limits on acreage to build a house but there are options both further out and a few properties that predate that ordinance scattered around. Around Louisville you'd have options in most areas outside of I-265. What is your budget?

Old 08-25-2017, 01:46 PM

8,397 posts, read 13,856,094 times
If you don't have to be right around the Lexington/Louisville area, have you ever checked out Ellis Park in Henderson? It's north of the Ohio river but the Kentucky border is a mile north of the river so it's still in Kentucky. Shouldn't be too hard to find a house with an acre or so in the Henderson County area. Decided to play around on realtor.com and see what had an acre with it. Here's a couple I found.
Ellis Park Racing – Play at the Park

2019 Book Dr, Henderson, KY 42420 - realtor.com®

6514 Cottingham Ln, Henderson, KY 42420 - realtor.com®

Old 09-02-2017, 06:44 AM

630 posts, read 1,114,561 times
I don't know how close you're talking about, but I should think Lex and the surrounding counties would have SOMETHING that would suit you. Keeneland is on the west side of Lex, and the areas around it, including Woodford County, are extremely horse-y as are Scott and Bourbon Counties, which are a bit farther away! Good luck in your search!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or