U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 06:01 PM

5,801 posts, read 9,462,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms12345 View Post
It's political in that it crosses the state line. Just look at how the 3-Cs go at each other and they are even in the same state. NKY long ago surpassed the city in population and growth and I'm sure that does not set well with some people. Too bad for them. The clock's not turning back.
Good points. Never even considered the growth taking place in NKY could upset the people across the river. A very parochial attitude on their part if that is the case. There are some really unnecessary things being said by some people on that forum towards NKY. Have not seen much of that until the recent Street Car thread started to deteriorate into a mess. Some people just don't understand the big picture...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2017, 07:13 PM

6,163 posts, read 6,861,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILWRadio View Post
If you don't march in lock step with their every view, they vilify you and try to run you out or off.
Some on this forum think that if anyone disagrees with them it gives them the right to act like a jerk and it's very widespread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter1948 View Post
Cincinnati is very old and demographically stagnant. The metro area is only growing because of exurbs.
I would not call it growth, just people moving further away, it's like cutting 5 feet off the end of a blanket and sewing it on the other end and saying the blanket is bigger. Cincinnati used to have 500,000 residents at one time, it's less than 300,000 now. Personally I think anyone that works in Cincinnati but lives in Warren county is straight up stupid, that's a lot of time wasted sitting in traffic. I live in Warren county but I only have to drive 5 minutes to get to work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KY_Transplant View Post
A lot of these comments were about how Cinci is the greatest city in the United States and Cleveland, Columbus are nothing, and don't even get me started on what they say about Kentucky.
Most of these homers have never been anywhere else and live in constant denial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms12345 View Post
Just look at how the 3-Cs go at each other and they are even in the same state.
Those people like to think that Ohio would be screwed without the 3-Cs but we would be no worse off than Iowa or Nebraska, corn is always interesting.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:02 AM

600 posts, read 550,204 times
I love Kentucky, most Cincinnatians might make a joke about KY being redneck or something but it's all in good fun. Many Cincinnatians go to Newport and Covington for fun from time to time. Everybody has good things to say about Louisville, Horse farms around Lexington and the bourbon.

Of course, I grew up in Campbell County and married a lovely lady from Bourbon County and attended college at WKU (Go Tops!) but I've been living in Cincinnati since 2010 and haven't met anyone say anything super negative towards Kentucky or it's people other than maybe its politics and sports teams. Kentucky comes up a lot with me in conversation with Cincinnatians since my wife and are from there and still travel to central KY, Louisville and BG regularly. Never heard anything bad other than the occasional joke.

I went to high school with plenty of people who live in NKY and refuse to cross the river. There are probably Ohioans who also refuse to cross the river. Those type of people are stupid. Lines on a map.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky