Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2006, 09:46 AM

257 posts, read 1,081,051 times

Advertisements

Hello,
Anyone know of a town or small city in KY that still has the old fashioned christmas lighting? How about displays in the shops windows downtown and carollers out and about..........hot chocolate and salvation army bands? hhhhhmmmmmm!
The congestion of Rockefellers Square is NOT my idea of tree lighting ceremonies....way too many people, and too much traffic. I am still looking for a small town, or city that enjoys and appreciates Christmas, the way it should be.

I know I have been watching way too much TV......LOL

Last edited by Putty; 12-03-2006 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: wrong title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2006, 10:30 AM

76 posts, read 344,770 times
Well, you just missed ours here in Cadiz, KY (Trigg County).
Our Christmas Tree lighting was held Sat. Dec. 2, 2006 in Renaissance Square.
You can see pictures at http://www.wkdzradio.com/skin/blurb.php?sectionId=194&contentId=251733 (broken link)
Tree was lit by Grand Marshall of the Veterans Day Parade.
Father Christmas and others in oldin' times garments walked the streets of Cadiz between 5 and 6 pm while Carolers in different locations in down town Cadiz sang Christmas Carols. Also, hot apple cider, hot chocolate, cookies and Christmas candy was offered for all to enjoy.
Then at 6 pm all enjoyed a fantastic Christmas Parade.
It is so beautiful to see all the lights during a night time parade.
Most of all remember Jesus is the reason for the season.

Old 12-05-2006, 05:45 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,049,743 times
You just missed Light Up La Grange also.

Old 12-08-2006, 05:31 PM

1,049 posts, read 653,598 times
Default Hopkinsville is great at Christmas

Hopkinsville is a good place for Christmas decorations. The townspeople really decorate the houses and Hoptown's Christmas lighting is tommorow Dec 9th and it;s pretty nice.

Old 12-10-2006, 05:57 AM

850 posts, read 3,158,632 times
Smile " We're gonna have an Old-fashioned Christmas"...

Dear Putty,

One of the dearest cities to my heart - which has several Christmas events throughout the entire season is Bardstown, Ky.
The entire town is lit with beautiful lights, carriage rides (which take place all year round) are even more special this time of year, and there are many shops to visit for special gifts one can only find in this region.
I live about 30 miles from Bardstown, but always try to include it in my holiday schedule. When my kids were younger, they could not wait to jump in the car with blankets and snacks and spend a few hours on a Decenber night just staring at the lights.

If you decide to visit Bardstown, check out there city web-site, and call the Chamber of Commerce for specific fesitals, etc.

It will absolutely be a Christmas to remember!

Merry Christmas!

Kimberly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky