U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2019, 06:17 AM

14,119 posts, read 6,962,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
I have visited many places along the Ohio River valley in OH & KY. The one thing that I didn't like is the quantity of large coal fired power plants along the river that makes air quality not so great. There is a big coal fired power plant one mile upstream from Maysville (in OH) and another about three miles downstream (in KY). Did you notice any air pollution issue?
I didn't notice any. I'm from So Cal so almost anywhere is an improvement, LOL. City Data shows an air quality index of 48.5 while the national average is 74.2 so the air quality index for Maysville is substantially better than the national average.
The city I'm from in So Cal has an air quality index of 112 which is substantially worse.

Last edited by marino760; 09-21-2019 at 06:30 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2019, 12:13 PM

6 posts, read 3,196 times
Quote:
Wonderful...I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to Kentucky!

Old 09-23-2019, 01:52 PM

4,045 posts, read 5,660,921 times
Maysville, the hometown of Franklin Soulsby, born in a cabin with no conveniences. He was one of the brave flag-raisers on Iwo Jima island, and the sole support of his mother. He was killed in combat soon after.

Old 09-23-2019, 10:44 PM

360 posts, read 971,411 times
Maysville sounds interesting. My wife and I just visited Madison, IN downstream a ways. Really liked it, but maybe too spread out. Wondering how compact Maysville is and does it have most everything needed like a good choice of restaurants, a decent hospital, hopefully a multiplex theater? Just now discovering this region from southern Indiana over to West Virginia. We're looking for something nice, safe, and affordable with maybe a kind of unique factor. Will probably end up in West Virginia but will check out Maysville.

Old 09-24-2019, 04:40 AM

14,119 posts, read 6,962,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantexan View Post
Maysville sounds interesting. My wife and I just visited Madison, IN downstream a ways. Really liked it, but maybe too spread out. Wondering how compact Maysville is and does it have most everything needed like a good choice of restaurants, a decent hospital, hopefully a multiplex theater? Just now discovering this region from southern Indiana over to West Virginia. We're looking for something nice, safe, and affordable with maybe a kind of unique factor. Will probably end up in West Virginia but will check out Maysville.
This should help answer some of your questions. There's a lot of info on line besides this.

http://www.maysvillekentucky.com/fil...on%20Guide.pdf

http://www.cityofmaysville.com/

Old 09-24-2019, 04:12 PM

360 posts, read 971,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
This should help answer some of your questions. There's a lot of info on line besides this.

http://www.maysvillekentucky.com/fil...on%20Guide.pdf

City of Maysville
Great info, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky