Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 08:36 PM

26,678 posts, read 41,521,125 times

Advertisements

https://www.wsaz.com/content/news/An...564535211.html

It looks like the unpopular man lost.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2019, 08:59 PM

20,098 posts, read 16,018,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
https://www.wsaz.com/content/news/An...564535211.html

It looks like the unpopular man lost.
Most channels are still saying it’s too close to call but I expect Bevin to lose. Other than him, though, it looks like a Republican sweep.

Old 11-05-2019, 09:18 PM

2,517 posts, read 3,060,517 times
Well done, Kentucky!

Old 11-05-2019, 09:50 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,857,388 times
Still to close to call but, Win, loose, or draw, it is a proven fact that Governor Bevin has done more for the state of Kentucky, as a whole, than any other Governor in the previous 20/30+ years so, what made the difference tonight? How could we have such an outcome? What could possibly blind so many folks from the truth?

I'll wait......

Old 11-05-2019, 11:11 PM

14,670 posts, read 7,970,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogsrus View Post
Still to close to call but, Win, loose, or draw, it is a proven fact that Governor Bevin has done more for the state of Kentucky, as a whole, than any other Governor in the previous 20/30+ years so, what made the difference tonight? How could we have such an outcome? What could possibly blind so many folks from the truth?

I'll wait......

I think what sunk him more than anything is the way he tried to do away with Teachers Pensions (and some other
state workers). Many people think they are underpaid, considering the degrees required to teach, then he wants to take away their pension....my Gosh, let the poor teachers retire with dignity after their service to the community.
I am strong believer in public education and fully support the teachers. Then he made ridiculous statements like
a child somewhere in Kentucky was being sexually abused because the teachers were on strike. Seriously?
(If this could actually happen then we have a much bigger problem in Kentucky than teachers striking.) And he called the teachers thugs because they were protesting.

I mean, this name calling of teachers concerned that they might loose their retirement was beyond the pale.
Several times he just seem to go out of his way to act like a jerk. (I am kind of tired of this lack of manners and civility that seems trending in our Politicians of late.)

I think the budget is a real problem, but taking away pensions from teachers and hard working state employees is not the answer. And Kentucky is one of the top ten states for carrying the most tax burden per person. (Not his fault, but
still they need to work out a different /better budget).

Hogrus, do you really think he was a good Governor. Because I think he was one of the worst that I can recall.
Just curious, Why do you think he was so good?
But, if you got out to vote good on you...no matter who you voted for, it's important to go out and use our right to vote.

Old 11-05-2019, 11:24 PM

11,014 posts, read 17,385,947 times
I wouldn't have voted for Bevin for dogcatcher. As a retired state employee I've never heard anyone degrade the teachers and state workers the way he did. I'm glad I was drawing my state retirement long before he got in office.

Old 11-06-2019, 12:00 AM

14,670 posts, read 7,970,612 times
Here is a cool video on the subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ80bH_tk6M

Old 11-06-2019, 08:08 AM

11,014 posts, read 17,385,947 times
That video brought up something I heard quite a few people mention, even some Republicans. Most of the Bevin commercials (which I am VERY glad all those commercials for both parties are DONE!!) concentrated on what was going on in Washington, not Frankfort.

Old 11-06-2019, 09:29 AM

10,062 posts, read 12,712,992 times
Republicans still control the legislature, right? Does Kentucky have a strong or weak governor?

Old 11-06-2019, 10:52 AM

26,678 posts, read 41,521,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
That video brought up something I heard quite a few people mention, even some Republicans. Most of the Bevin commercials (which I am VERY glad all those commercials for both parties are DONE!!) concentrated on what was going on in Washington, not Frankfort.
When you keep in mind Trump won KY by 30 points, Bevin’s record was so awful, his sole hope was staying attached to Trump and hope people would attach themselves to 2016.

Bevin essentially signed his termination papers when he came for the teachers’ retirement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky